“Fantastic Boutique Hotel”

The Port Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed April 22, 2014

A great hotel near the North Port. You are within walking distance of the beach and all kinds of restaurants, shops, bus tops, and mini marts for whatever you need. The rooms are very small however they are new, clean and nicely appointed with a flat screen tv. The small bathroom has a great shower and like everything else here is very clean and up to date.

The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. They know all the bus stops in the area, great restaurant suggestions, and good ideas for touring.

A lovely breakfast is part of the price and and includes fresh fruit, bread, cakes, yogurt, and individually made coffees.

Great value in an expensive city!

Room Tip: Wonderful place to stay while touring Tel Aviv.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Port Hotel Tel Aviv

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Our stay was short as we flew in and stayed overnight, leaving for Nazareth the next morning. Check-in was no problem and the young lady spoke excellent English. The room was a small one and very clean room. The bathroom was larger than expected and very good. We found it a bit noisy at times. Apparently the drivers in Tel Aviv had just discovered horns on their autos and were all trying them out. It is in a great location. The clerk directed us to a good area for eating and we found a nice selection only a couple of block away. The breakfast was rather simple and could stand quite a bit of improvement. However, I suspect that there are several places nearby where one could get breakfast. The hotel cost is very reasonable for Tel Aviv. It is a good choice.

Nice breakfast.
Great location
Absolutely WONDERFUL staff -- gracious, English speaking, and genuinely interested in making my stay a pleasant one

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was staying in Port hotel for two nights. Very good location ,close to the Port . Not far from shopping area and restaurants and cafe,clean rooms. People a very Nice and friendly. If hotel going to change their breakfast menu I definitely will come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My son and I stayed at Port Hotel the night before the Tel Aviv Marathon. When I found it on the internet, it looked "fine". However, we arrived and it was one of the best places we stayed in the entire country. People were friendly and helpful and the rooms were very modern, clean and comfortable. At night I heard a little bit of activity outside but it could have been because of the next day's events. It is close to the port which we really enjoyed. Free wi-fi is also a huge bonus. I strongly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: First floor room was nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very nice little cute hotel. Its location is exelent, close to lots of atractions
small but nice and clean rooms. very pleasant hospitality
parking is not available near the hotel, but in 10 minutes walk

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed at Port Hotel for two days during my trip to Isael in January 2014.

This was my second trip to Tel Aviv-- we did most of the touristy stuff last time, and this visit I just wanted to hang out, do a little running, visit a cousin, and experience the city.

I speak about 10 words of Hebrew, and I did not want to rent a car or spend a lot of time in taxis, so it was important to me to have a centrally located hotel with english speaking staff. This place was fabulous!!!!

My flight to Ben Gurion from Moscow was delayed. Nice surprise when I arrived at Ben Gurion- the cab driver spoke no English but was from Russia, so I got a narrative about moving to and working in Israel en route to the hotel. I arrived at about 2am. Not a problem. Front desk gal was actually worried about me and told me she was relieved that my flight got in ok!!

Took about five minutes to check in, and I was in a small but lovely, very clean, quiet room.

Breakfast buffet-- light breakfast, but great capuccino (and after arriving at 2am, I needed it). The young woman serving was a delight, and a great source of information about Tel Aviv.

Back to my room, and then lots of questions for the front desk about sightseeing, and also a nearby laundry or laundromat (my trip to Tel Aviv was sandwiched between Moscow and New Orleans, and I was out of clean laundry). They were great... lots of advice, they know the city well and wanted to make sure that I had a good time. Very detailed explanations of what's where, and just to make sure, they drew out directions on a map (which I didn't think I needed, at first. Wrong!)

The hotel is just a couple of streets over from the beach, and in just off Ben Yehuda street.

If you like to run (and I do) the beachfront in Tel Aviv is great.... from the hotel to Jaffa is about 10-12 km round trip, and the weather was beautiful. (Lots of runners in Tel Aviv, and I had a fascinating conversation with an Israeli guy who was also running off jetlag, having just returned from a business trip the the US.)

Hint #1: Navigating back to near the hotel was easy. Finding it was a little harder. Should have taken a map.

Near the hotel-- lots of cafes, shops, and (a block away) a coin laundry. Everyone in Tel Aviv was very friendly and helpful.

Hint #2: Phones. My international calling card didn't work from the hotel (local calls - no problem). I have an international cell phone but sim cards in Tel Aviv are much more expensive than in most of Europe. I only needed to make a few calls and they have public phones on every street corner, so I tried a phone card from the post office. Huge waste of time. When I tried to use it I wound up getting a message in Hebrew that of course I couldnt' understand. Dumb- I should have just used skype on my iphone (which I eventually did).

Hint #3: You've got to try the bus!!!!

One of the best experiences that I had in Tel Aviv was at the advice of the front desk staff. I had been planning to take a cab to Jerusalem, which would have cost about $100. They were aghast-- recommended that I try the bus. Took a city bus to the station in the northern Tel Aviv (not the "central bus station", which is an absolute and disgusting PIT). Then (with directions from another really friendly Tel Avivan) changed over to a bus to Jerusalem. Transit time was about 1/2 hour longer than taxi, but total cost about $20, and I had a fascinating conversation with a young woman who attends college in Jerusalem.

Back to the hotel-
Small but very clean room.
Quiet.
Refrig in room.
Nice breakfast.
Great location

And the people in Tel Aviv are SO NICE!!!

Wonderful trip!
Would (and will ) stay at the Port Hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank SanDiego_RunLong
Reviewed February 15, 2014

First time in Israel & didnt know witch area to stay in, like always visiting a new city. This Hotel was best in price & best in rate, why we choose the Port Hotel.

The service in the Hotel was very good. The rooms was very clean and the bed was good & big. The bathroom was also very clean and comfortable. Big TV and nice closet for the clothes. Safty boks for pasport & money. Saturday-thursday was very quiet in the night but the evening/night from thursday-friday the nightlife was showing in a littlebit noise.

The area was the Port area. The Hotel was just around the corner from the Beach and the cafees are also just around the corner. If you are looking for a Hotel in the centre or the hectic/modern/underground part of the city, this is not the area.

We mostly walked around the city, renting bikes on the Beach or taking a taxi home. The taxi in the city is very cheap.

We also did a one day trip ti Jerusalem with the normal bus from the busstation. We also took the bus one day from Tel Aviv directly to the dead sea and stopped at "mineral beach".

All together, we had a very nice week with a lot of sun, walking around, seaing historical Things and having a lot os good food, hummus & fresch juice ;o))))

Room Tip: 202 was a very good room - But room 30 is very small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple