“Best hotel experience I've had in Israel (or elsewhere for that matter)!”

The Port Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #49 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Best hotel experience I've had in Israel (or elsewhere for that matter)!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I had a terrific stay at Port Hotel. The staff were all helpful and friendly. The room was clean and decorated with funky photos/artwork. The location one block from the beach and port in one direction and world class cafes on Ben Yehudah and Dizengoff in the other direction was incredible. Add the healthy breakfast and loaner bicycles at no extra charge, and you've got one great hotel with extremely competitive room rates.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank rebnebd
HayaShuchman, Director of Sales at The Port Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will surely be sharing them with our team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Haya Shuchman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The Port Hotel is in a great location...just up from the promenade. There are a number of cafes and restaurants nearby as well as an outdoor gym...and of course the sun sand and sea.

The hotel is clean, the rooms are air conditioned and have en suites. There is a fridge in the room as well as 24 hour (free) tea and coffee in the dining room. At night we bought sone wine from the local supermarket and sat on the roof terrace.

Breakfast is breads and cheese with some cereal but it's far too hot for anything more. The staff are friendly and helpful.

We hired cycles from Tel-o-fun...like the ones in London. It's 14 sheckles flat rate and then they charge time...but the hotel also has 4 you can use for free. We took a lovely cycle to Jaffa and wandered round the old city and flea market.

Before that you can stop at the main shopping mall and then it's a short walk to the Carmel market.

Tel Aviv overall is lovely, tolerant and relaxed...just a little pricey...not too different from European prices so budget wisely!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Audrey T
HayaShuchman, Director of Sales at The Port Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We recently spent two nights at the Port Hotel. The room was on the small side but spotless, cool and quiet. The bathroom was large and modern. The rooftop patio is a nice place for a nightcap. The hotel staff were very friendly, very, very helpful. But perhaps the best feature of all is that you can walk to the beach in minutes and to the boardwalk, with all its restaurants in 5 minutes. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

best wishes,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Travelling by BA back to London so I stayed the night before the flight in Tel Aviv and chose this hotel generally because it was near the beach and thus on the right side of the airport. Price was good too - and some of the hotels are really v. expensive. What a lovely place - the rooms are just pristine - spotless and either brand new or very recent and with an incredibly high standard of cleaning.! This is in a good location with easy access to the boardwalk and the park with noiice bars, cafe's and restaurants in the vicinity. I met three members of the front desk team and they were universally lovely. Better news for me was that you can borrow a bike from the hotel and cycle to Jaffa which is a nice couple of hours exercise and sight seeing! There is just mnothing wrong with this hotel and it is very good indeed - I'm certainly returning next trip to Israel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chelmo_Man
, Director of Sales at The Port Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, July 10, 2012

Again allow me to thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed here over night whilst travelling Israel. The hotel is in great location, close to beach, shopping, bars and restaurants. Rooms are well decorated and clean. This is a small hotel with a very individual feel. Staff very helpful. Be warned, no parking on site but the staff will direct you to pay or free parking locations.
The area is fantastic. A must is to visit Ruth and the team in the Hummus Ashkar restaurant (5 mins walk from hotel. Ruth provide home cooked vegetarian food and the ,oct amazing hummus.
All in all, loved the hotel and the area, will definitely go back even if the rooms are a little pricey.
Note: some major building work are being done to the front of the hotel but they do tend to stop late evening.

Room Tip: Beware, no parking at the hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

UK
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We booked this hotel based on price and location. We were informed it would be a later registration because it was a Saturday but when we found the hotel hoping to leave our bags we were allowed to check in. We had our paperwork and the computer showed a differrent price but the receptionist amended her records after seeing the print out. The hotel is ideally located two streets back from the beach and bonus of not having to pay for a car park as we were told of a free parking area by the receptionist. Our rooms while not large were perfect for our needs and the bathroom was small but with two different levels of shower heads which is great if you can't be bothered wetting your hair. All the staff were helpful and I would definetly recommend this hotel. The only negative thing is that I like dark rooms at night and as our bed head was under the window light came into the room early morning but I managed to tuck the curtains over to keep the light out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at The Port Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for leaving your comment online. Doing this you help us improving our offered products and services.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

your comments are of great importance to us. Therefore I thank you once again.

Sincerely Yours,

California City, California
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I loved my stay at the Port Hotel Tel Aviv. y the best hotel I stayed in while I was in Israel.
The hotel is located near the beach and has a great roof top The Hotel was Modern The bed was comfortable . in room WiFi was very fast and included in the room price (BIG plus for me). The breakfast was good, The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all it was great and I will totally stay there again if I am ever in Tel Aviv again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maya m
HayaShuchman, Director of Sales at The Port Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for deciding to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review.
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us .
I hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future for yet another great stay!

Kind regards,