“Great (kosher) Fish restaurant!”
Review of Deca

Deca
Ranked #250 of 1,641 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Decca has become one of our favorite restaurants in Tel Aviv, after discovering one year during Passover on concierge recommendation. Normally I would not opt to go to a kosher dairy restaurant.
It serves mainly excellent and creative fish, so fresh it is almost still swimming and some good pasta/risotto dishes. The gnocci are wonderful, but personally I prefer a bit lighter sauce. The decor of the restaurant is modern and interesting. Nice private room upstairs. Clean, well run open kitchen.
The Israeli chopped salad is probably the freshest, most meticulous finely chopped salad in town. Although not always on the menu ask for the Pumpkin carpacio, it is wonderful! and perhaps you get lucky. We sometimes miss fresh vegetable sides, usually they have only grilled vegetable skewer. Service is friendly and very accomodating, but can be a bit slow at times.

1  Thank viator123
There are newer reviews for Deca

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was by far the best meal I ate during my two weeks in Israel. And considering this is a dairy restaurant, and I'm a big carnivore, that is saying something.

The highlight of the meal was the gnocchi appetizer, which get a nice crunch from the nuts that are mixed in. The sauce, which contains camembert cheese and honey, is very rich, so I would definitely recommend sharing this dish among a few people. I ordered one of the fish entrees, and was impressed how perfectly cooked it was.

The decor of this place is really fun, as well. Go check it out!

1  Thank melibean
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Reliable kosher restaurant with some fine cooking. One of the best gnocchi I have eaten: light as clouds though sauce a bit runny. Fish is all deicately cooked. Ceviche with artichoke excellent. Admirable home made desserts with middle eastern touch.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We enjoyed the Grouper for five - it was prepared table side and came with potatoes, vegies and salad. It was excellent. The Denis was well received by those who ordered it - one had it whole the other had a filet. The tuna was also enjoyed but was over done and neither those who ordered it recalls being asked about their preference. If you like the tuna rare you need to remember to ask. The desserts - Tiramisu and sorbet were good. English menus and service is also available.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel concierge. The food was excellent. I can particularly recommend the European sea-caught sea bass for main course (minimum two people - it was massive and came with a TRAY of accompanying grilled vegetable skewers, oven-roasted potatoes, tomatoes, mashed potato and a lovely salad) and the grilled aubergine (aka eggplant to colonists) for starters. However, our waiter was absolutely clueless. He failed to give a straight answer to a simple question (such as whether the starters were bigger than the first course, how the sea bass was to be cooked, etc.). He also got our drinks order wrong (mineral water with lemon silce and without ice, not the other way round). He never even offered us dessert. Worst of all, there was a group of eight people sitting on the table next to us, who arrived 15 minutes after we did, and were served every course before we were (and had their order taken first). When we left, I intentionally gave no service tip (we got no service, so why tip) and he had the audacity to ask me why. However, the food was good enough to go back there, but maybe request not to have the gormless idiot waiter. Also the decor was not for me. They tried urban chic, but it didn't really work.