“Wonderful Vacation Apartment!”

Ranked #7 of 39 Tel Aviv B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Wonderful Vacation Apartment!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I absolutely loved this little vacation rental in Neve Tzedek! There were so many things to do around the area. The beach was nearly 4 minutes away, from the roof top you could see a view of the sea, which was amazing to wake up to. It is located in one of the central parts in Tel - Aviv so it's right next to the shuk. There are also many cute cafes, bars and boutique shops. The narrow streets of Neve Tzedek reminds me a little bit of Paris, very romantic and beautiful. The owner of the vacation rental, Vilina, is so welcoming. If you need anything you can always call her. I was staying in the Studio Apartment and the rooms were immaculate and included tea and coffee. The experience of being at Villa Vilina was incredible, the next time I am in Israel, I will definitely be booking my stay here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This was my sixth trip to Israel and I vowed not to stay in a hotel.

I found Villa Vilina and it was exactly what I wanted for my 2.5 week stay - roomy apartment, quiet, comfortable in the best location. Vilina, the owner, is very friendly and glad to make your stay even more comfortable - she stocks the kitchen with cookies, coffee, milk, fruit, etc. when you arrive - what a nice touch!

Neve Tzedek is an adorable neighborhood in Tel Aviv that was rediscovered by artists, restauranteurs, boutique owners and the Dallal family (and their cultural center) in the past few decades. It's hip, has character, fun, and friendly.

The street - Shabbazi - is the heart of Neve Tzedek and extends for a few blocks from the Shalom Tower to the beach! You can get ANYWHERE you would want to be in Tel Aviv by foot or never leave the street. A few blocks and you are: in Jaffa, on the beach, at the Carmel Market, at Nahalat Binyamin (I loved the market)... You can rent bikes right in Neve Tzedek (near Suzanna's there is a bike share station), but I would recommend getting the bike from the station outside of Neve Tzedek because Shabazzi is a crowded street.

My husband visited me for a long weekend and he loved it! Felt relaxed right away and had a great time. (It was Purim and EVERYONE in Neve Tzedek dresses up.)

Room Tip: I stayed in the one-bedroom apartment on the ground floor - I like children and there is a kindergar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this appartment that looks gorgeous from the website, but is in fact filthy, with cockroaches and dust, stained mattresses, tiny shower. Hot water did not work and we were told by aggressive manager it was 'our fault". A swimsuit I hang out to dry was stolen form the line. building site next door created terrible noise at 6am. Manager was threatening, unreasonable and unpleasant, wanted to 'take money off our credit card' for water spilt on a glass table.

Room Tip: Avoid and do not be beguiled by website! It's all lies!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dora W
London
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week in January and absolutely loved it. We rented the spacious one bedroom with private roof terrace - and we were lucky enough to be able to use the terrace every day due to the good weather. The location is great - on Shabazi, with tens of great restaurants, shops and cafes all a stone's throw away. The apartment was great for us - we loved the shabby chic decor and the huge amount of space (particularly for the price). It really felt like a home for a week.
The only caveat is that this probably isn't the place to go if you want somewhere like the David Intercontinental - it is an apartment in the ancient artist's quarter of Tel Aviv and the building reflects that. But it costs about a third of the price and, for us, it was beautiful, an unbeaten location and Vilina is a wonderful hostess.
We would definitely book here again. Plus, for those of you in need of an extra bit of relaxation, definitely book in for a massage with Vilina. I'd been struggling with shoulder problems for months and within an hour I was better (and the effects have been long lasting!).
The only other thing I would say is that the bedroom in the big apartment can get a bit noisy on a weekend - it's right on the street - but it doesn't last too long (and if you're anything like us you'll probably be out too, enjoying the Tel Aviv nightlife).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Really pretty rooms in the middle of Neve Tzedek which is the older part of tel aviv. I can only compare it to my home in the west village near all the cute pubs, shopping and restaurants. My room was a clean quite haven on a side street in a renovated historic building with all the modern convinces, comfy beds and the room even had a small kitchenette! Villina, the hostess made me feel at home by making herself available to me and all my questions about the area. Yey for Villia Villina!!! will defiantly come back next time i am in tel aviv.

Room Tip: i was in the studio on the second floor with a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nancy r
london
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed in many places in Tel Aviv over the years, but Villa Vilina was my best choice so far. I grew up in Tel Aviv, and the reason I enjoyed it so much is that this is is the authentic experience of being a Tel Aviv resident. A slightly older house, but cosy, comfortable, a personal touch, a hostess that will be there when you need her and not when you don’t, and in the best area of town. It makes a great change from the sterile hotels; you get a kitchen, a dining room and a excellent view. Near the sea, lots of good food nearby, good shopping and the market. A home from home. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I liked the room downstairs because I come and go lot, but upstairs you get the roof terrace so al...
Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jeremy s
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Villa Vilina is in the beating heart of Tel Aviv - conveniently close to the buzzling end of Rothschild Avenue with countless bars, restaurants, clubs - at just 5-10 minutes walk away from Tel Aviv's splendid beach. The roof apartment where we stayed has an amazing view to the ocean and skyline and oldest Part of Tel Aviv. Inside is good, convenient, basic and clean. Superb terrace - and the neighborhood directly in Shabazi Street hip and cool.
All in All would go there again any time! Vilina is a superb host!!! Thank you for a wonderful time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple