“very nice stay”

Ranked #24 of 41 Tel Aviv B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

location was great just moment from the beach and all tel aviv
flat are very sapcious and clean
i cant say anything bad
we really love it the kids had a lot of fun and enjoy tel aviv city and beach
new year we will be back to the same place

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I ordered a room a month in advance. When I called to cancel, the Manager was terribly rude. He got mad when I called him at 6 pm, he said we are closed, you need to cancel tomorrow. Very dishonest, and was glad I didn't stay there. Don't stay at this place. Save your money and stay at a decent place and look at the review on TripAdvisor before booking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle S

Travelers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have just walked out of this place after a final argument with the resident manager, probably one of the rudest local guys working in Tel Aviv (or so I hope...)

Let's start with the positive:
Location: excellent town location with lots of lively cafes and restaurants nearby and only a 5 min walk from the beach.
Room size: we had a 1 bedroom flat relatively spacious with a balcony.
Internet: free wifi though the connection was a bit dodgy most of the time

Now the negative:
Terrible service: when we arrived, Nissim the manager brought us a credit card bill to sign with a hugely unfavourable exchange rate. When we pointed that to him he became all agitated and explain that you take it or leave it.
When we asked for a spare key, he told us we had to deposit 50 shekels (about €10). On the day of my departure (today) I gave him the key back and when I asked for my 50 shekels back he said the 50 shekels were not a deposit but a fee for having an extra key so I should kiss my 50 shekels goodbye. Though I knew he was ripping me of I said fine, then he came back to accuse me that I had never given him 50 shekels. Even the friendly Nigerian cleaner who was witnessing the argument was clearly embarassed.
As checkout is 12, when I asked if we could store our luggage until 5pm, he said "at 4 i go home so you have to be back before". Then he started waving his arms and kept shouting in his trademark "don't bother me with your stupid questions" that he was doing me a favour!!
On the 1st day of our stay I reported that the safe and the electiv curtains were not working. He came the next day at 9am banging on the door. I told him my son was sleeping, he said he would be quiet and once in the living room he dialled on his cell phone and started shouting orders right next to my son's bed. He sorted the safe next day but never fixed the curtain which means that for 10 days my son was awaken every morning by fright daylight.
Other minuses:
Minimalistic crockery for a flat.
Cheap and nasty 70s furniture.
Cleaning well below standards.
Very noisy on the side on the Ben Yehuda, the traffic is heavy and non stop and as there is no double glasing you better be armed with top notch ear plugs. On the other hand, the bedroom in the back is very quiet so if you have no one sleeping in the living room that's fine. We were in flat 9.

To summarise,unless you are a masochist and enjoy been harassed, shouted out and ripped off and like noise, bad service and basic facilities, I would strongly advise you to try another place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DejaVuWisdom
Dekalb, IL, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm about to leave this godawful hotel, and as I type this review the manager is outside my door harassing some guest next door to me, just like he harassed me yesterday morning.

I paid in advance for two nights at the 35 Yona Hanavi location, but when I arrived they told me that they were full. What??? I paid for the room already! So they sent me to the this location at 130 Ben Yehuda. They called it an "upgrade," and in their minds maybe it was because the rooms here are larger. But from my perspective, it meant a 30 minute walk to the new location in the hot sun hauling my luggage behind me, and then an extra 30 minutes walk every time I wanted to go some place in the city. It also meant that I wouldn't get the breakfast I paid for. I would rather have had those things than a bunch of useless extra space.

As soon as I checked in the staff completely disappeared for the entire day. They left a phone number but no phone in the room to call them! (Remember, American cell phones usually don't work overseas.) So when I couldn't find the air conditioning control, I was out of luck. I spent my first night in a room that was approximately 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Even worse, before checking in they told me I'd have to switch rooms the next day. This might have been merely annoying, but they turned it into a daylong nightmare. This is because at 9am I went out to get breakfast (you know---the breakfast I paid for but didn't get because I was "upgraded") and when I returned at about 11am the staff had gone into my room and piled up all my stuff on the couch so that they could clean. What??? Check-out time was 1pm, but they had apparently gone into my room as soon as I left at 9am. I counted the cash I had left in the room and luckily it was still there undisturbed, still hidden in my bags.

Despite the fact that checkout time is at 1pm, they turned me out of the hotel at 11am and told me I couldn't come back for at least an hour while they prepared the next room for me. What??? Where am I supposed to go for that time? And am I supposed to trust these bozos with my luggage while I'm out? Well I didn't have much choice, so I waited the hour.

This morning I wake up to hear the manager outside arguing with the guest next door. Figures.

Room Tip: Try the Hotel Galileo instead. Their rooms are small but the service is excellent and their prices...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Ben W
Albany, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We will have stayed here 3 different times of our tour in Israel. The first room was nice enough. Clean enough. Comfortable enough. The kitchen equipped with dishes, oven, stove top, and refrigerator. Parking is $10 a day and is well worth the money. You will be given a gate remote and key codes to enter building. It's safe here. It may not look like it around you, but it is. The manager is kind and very business like with no smiles. The rooms are not as clean as I would like, but not unlivable. It is close to a do-it-yourself laundromat. Close to the beach. Close to a few dining restaurants and many side walk and convenient, like shwarma's and falafals. They do not change your bedding or your towels. When traveling Israel I would recommend bringing your own pillow cases as the pillows are not as clean as we have in U.S. Good place to have as a hub.

Room Tip: Noisy. People do not sleep at night here. Bring ear plugs as the air is great and you will want the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karmen P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is not a place where you want to spend time. The rooms are clean and moderately spacious. The point of going here however is to be right inside the city. Everything is a quick walk from this place. If you are looking to relax somewhere and really sleep in late, maybe this isn't the place for you. We had no problems with service, security, or supplies. The room was clean and the nights were quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank g-raterr
Tel Aviv, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I booked with two months anticipation for my family that were coming for my wedding, we booked the suite, I´ll called 3 times before they arrive to the owner Ben and he told me that everything was set up. When we got to the hotel they gave us a different room, they split my family in two bedrooms, they told us that room numer 13 (suite) had a gas problem, so they couldn´t stay there, at the end they rent it to an other family for more money, the rooms stink, the owner Ben doesnt know how to deal with tourist, he was very nesty and rude, at the end he said he will give us a discount, didnt gave us nothing, and he charged VAT, tourist dont supose to pay VAT. I highly dont recommend this place, they are going to ruin your vacations

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family