“A Home from Home at the Airport!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sadot Hotel

Sadot Hotel
Ranked #24 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Dublin, Ireland
“A Home from Home at the Airport!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Chose the Sadot on the reccommendation of a friend who had stayed at another Atlas Hotel downtown Tel Aviv and was very impressed. By a long way, the Sadot is the best Airport Hotel we have stayed at!! Regret that we are only here for 10 hours!! Arrived during Happy Hour snacks and drinks which were very tasty. My wife had a gluten free request which was catered for not only in the 4am breakfast but also the Happy Hour snack! The staff are extremely helpful and customer oriented. The room is extremely comfortable, quite large, it is like a studio appartment with sofa and 2 TV's!! Only surprise was having to pay extra for a small bottle of mineral water??

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are the same and quiet with excellent soundproofing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Sadot Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Richard,
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that your friend was so pleased with our hotel chain that he recommended us to you. We are extremely flattered that you have given us the title of the best airport hotel and we greatly value these comments. It is wonderful to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and got to enjoy our free Happy Hour as well. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sadot Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Eran Bar, General Manager, Sadot Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We arrived into Ben Gurion at 3am and needed to leave at 3pm...so most hotels said we would have to pay two nights. But, the Sadot agreed to one night's cost, and it was a very nice place.

I was a bit surprised when we pulled up, b/c it is on the 3rd floor of a commercial building, but once inside it was beautiful and the woman behind the desk couldn't have been more helpful.

Very modern, looked brand new in our room.

I would gladly go back. Because we were there to sleep (tho we got up for a very nice breakfast with breads and cheeses and salads and cereals and hard boiled eggs and fruit and good coffee), I have no idea what is around the hotel, b/c we were there to SLEEP! And the bed and pillows were comfortable!

Thanks for the great stay!
Amanda Rankin

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
South Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I chose the hotel because it was near to Ben Gurion airport, and I wanted somewhere I could get to quickly after I landed in the evening, so that I could get a good first night's sleep in my week-long trip to Israel. From that point of view it worked out well. It is only a 15 minutes (122 shekel in this case) taxi ride, and the taxi driver knew where it was.

I think it would be particularly convenient for people heading South from Ben Gurion because it is already in that direction. I wish I had known about it last time I flew into Ben Gurion and then headed South by train, because it must be only a short taxi ride away from Lod station, which is on all the train lines heading South from Tel Aviv.

You head up to the hotel in an elevator. The girl behind the front desk was friendly and pleasant. The room was nice, with en suite bathroom. I would have liked a kettle in the room.

The bed was comfortable, and I slept well.

The breakfast the next morning was buffet style, and there was a good variety of foods on offer.

The front desk arranged a free taxi back to Ben Gurion. (I do not think they do free taxis anywhere else, nor from the airport to the hotel.) I went back to Ben Gurion so that I could get the 9.08 train from the station at Ben Gurion into Tel Aviv, and then a bus to Tiberius where I was headed.

Some people have commented on the fact that there is a very strong smell of perfume in the air at the hotel lobby / breakfast area. This is true. It did not really bother me, but it is unnecessarily strong, and also a rather unpleasant smelling perfume anyway. A previous guest had commented (on the hotel's feedback card, which had not been cleared from the room) that the air conditioner / heater in the room blew the smell into the bedroom too. I did not notice that, but I only had the heater on for a few minutes to warm up the room slightly before I went to bed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

There are no hotels very close to Ben Gurion airport. This was among the closest. Warning: the taxi driver from the airport tried to cheat, first by not turning on the meter (which is illegal) and when we insisted on the meter he went far out of the way to get there--(I followed the route on my GPS). By contrast, the hotel taxi back to the airport the next day is paid by the hotel and was quick and efficient. The desk agent was super co-operative by storing our luggage for two days before our stay while we went on an excursion. The entire staff was courteous and eager to please. The lobby, dining room, halls, room, bathroom were all very clean, attractive and comfortable. The breakfast was a typical Israeli breakfast for a top hotel--namely, plentiful and delicious. This is a small boutique hotel on the third floor of a shopping mall. Not easy to find but well worth the effort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DnDtravelers
Wayne, New jersey, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We enjoyed the location close to center of Israel. The service was great. The rooms were clean and had a corner to do some work. we recived free internet which helps to conduct buisness. The brakfast was great and in general the service is the best

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay and it was close to the airport. We had some difficulty finding the hotel as we were told to turn on the first exit which happens to be a dead end into an agriculture facility. The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, quite and comfortable, happy hour very nice. We left too early in the morning to experience the breakfast but were able to have an excellent salad for dinner at the adjoining mini mall. The food choices at the mall aren't fancy more on the take-out level although there is seating in one small restaurant. The hotel arranged for our taxi which was included in our room cost which we appreciated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Sadot Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate you recognizing our staff. We are sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble finding the hotel please know that you can always call us if you have any problems with directions and we can guide you to the hotel. We thank you for choosing the Sadot Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Eran Bar, General Manager, Sadot Hotel
Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Nice, clean hotel, good value for money. Yummy breakfast included in the prices. Free shuttle from hotel to the airport. Friendly staff. The only downside is that it's in the middl of nowhere, but if you are just looking for something next to the airport, it's perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#30 of 98 in Tel Aviv
Vital Hotel
Vital Hotel
#17 of 98 in Tel Aviv

Been to Sadot Hotel? Share your experiences!