“Modern hotel is need of better management”

Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #41 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This hotel is opposite Assuta Hospital, a well known private hospital. As such many visitors are here on short stay and my impression was that the hotel is not interest in return customers. I was here for 3 days and before my arrival, I asked if I could checkin early subject to room availability because my planned arrival was 8am. Despite plenty of rooms available, I was asked to pay for the preceding night - when I declined, I was offered a 50% discount on that charge but did not take on this offer because I was not sure what I was paying for!! Wifi internet is not available at the breakfast area, is very expensive (also charge per device) and this is inexplicable when internet is free at a neighbouring coffee shop (Arcaffe) and Burger shop! It should be free as it is in similar boutique hotels across the world.

The service at the front desk is good but behave like there are the front desk of serviced apartments! The breakfast is so is good. But for me the most important aspect of a hotel is cleanliness. The floors within the rooms appear to be made of black, textured asphalt and I wonder how it is possible to clean this! The cleaning service requires training in cleaning, in speaking to customers (at the very least in Hebrew, Arabic or English) and cleaning needs to be inspected. The floors have white stains and the cleaning service is not visible enough. These floors need to be replaced as a matter of urgency... I hate to think what happens if patients from the hospital stay here and soiling accidents happen!

Room Tip: Not sure - my room was overlooking a building site - but I was here on business and was out all day...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear Mike,
I would like to thank you for your insights. Regarding the issue you had with the early check-in procedure- Check-in time in the hotel is from 3PM. As a part of the hotels' regulations, each guest who is interested in a room reservation from the early hours, the room should be booked the previous night, thus the payment (that way we prepare the room for you in advance for your early arrival). You were offered a 50% discount because the hotel was in it's full capacity.
They WIFI in our hotel is not free of charge but for our guests convenience we have 2 free computer stations at the Lobby area and also 2 more at the business lounge (which is free for our guests), where the computers are fully equipped with headphones, printers, fax machines and quality cameras. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing out the bad reception of the WIFI at the restaurant, I can insure you that it will be taken care of.
Regarding the issues you've had with the cleanliness of the hotel - I can assure you that our staff is completely trained and the rooms are being checked on a daily basis several times. However all of your important claims has been forwarded to the relevant hotel managers and will be sorted out.
Moshe Morali

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Checked in for business, as work is a short walk away.

Good..
Nice rooms, great breakfast spread, friendly staff, modern decor, some nice restaurants nearby

Not so good
Away from everything, weird flooring in the rooms. its NOT a full service hotel, so don't expect great room service. there's a LOT of construction happening around the hotel, so can be noisy during the days.

For what you are paying, I feel its great value for money. I would come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2014

stayed for one night, with my wife, for the Tel Aviv marathon. We had a reservation for a regular room, but when we checked-in got a suit instead. Nice, big room. Very clean. Free wi-fi. Parking behind the hotel (not free, but not expensive when you stay over night).
Although our reservation didn't include breakfast, the hotel had free breads, fruits and bottles of mineral water for the runners, on the marathon morning (from 5 am!!!). For those who did order breakfast, the hotel kept the service until noon!
near the hotel there is a huge selection of good restaurants.
checking in and out was fast, although the hotel was full. Receptionist was extremely nice. All together it was a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed here overnight becuase of the hotels proximity to the Tel Aviv Marathon's starting point. So as far as location is concerend it was perfect for us.
The hotel is decorated in modern decor. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but are well equipped, clean and functional. We liked the rooms.The business lounge on the 9th floor is very nice and offers light refreshments.
The staff was extremely helpful, kind and accommodating. The hotel catered to the runners' needs, e.g. put out a basic breakfast spread at 4:30 am and was extrememly flexible about late check out after the race.
Parking is a challenge, but there are pay parking lots close to the hotel.
We had a really good stay for our purpose, but I could see how this location would be less suiting for a tourist in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2014

in short, it was my first time at that hotel, and i want to say it was great.
large rooms, graet service, a business center with free internet snack, and soft drinks. very nice atmosphere. price was resonable, and a greate value for the money.
we arrived to the Tel-Aviv marathon, and received a lot of treats and affection.
dining room is a little samll but great brackfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I had to stay here as it is the only hotel within walking distance of my office in Tel Aviv's Silicon Valley. But for that I would have checked out and moved!

The hotel seems ok on the outside but the staff are surly and the housekeeping just appalling. There is still dirt on my bathroom floor after two weeks which was there when I arrived!

The chambermaids ignore "Do Not Disturb" signs and rap on the door early in the morning. If you send them away you have to battle to get them back!

Internet is expensive and chargeable PER DEVICE PER DAY. How archaic is that?

And then there is the noise! The restaurant next door chuck their bottles into a skip at about 2am. The building site behind starts at 6am and in between is general noise from trolleys being pushed up and down the car park.

The breakfast may be ok for some but I found it generally uneatable. Grey, rock-hard scrambled eggs? No thanks!

If you can stay elsewhere - go yourself a favour and do!

I will battle my firm NOT to have to stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Breakfast is very generous and of high quality. Much appreciated! Availability of business lounge to all visitors is very nice as well. Nice to have snacks available all day.

Hotel is styled in a modern fashion. There are a few form over function examples (what were they thinking with the floors?) but nothing that was a real problem.

Location right across from Assuta Hospital is extremely convenient. This is pretty much the only place to stay in that area.

Beds and bedding were very comfortable. Shower products were average.

Cleanliness was okay but could be improved. Was very not pleased to find the adhesive part of a medical device on the bed lamp (the hotel is right across the street from a hospital). The floor and carpets were also not very clean. I recommend more management attention in this regard.

Staff was generally very helpful. The only issue in terms of service is that the hotel was rather full and we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated for breakfast since the breakfast room is relatively small. This is the first time that I have ever had to wait to be seated for breakfast at a hotel and very much did not appreciate having to wait. It would have probably been appropriate to offer some form of compensation for this inconvenience.

Room Tip: Room structures vary greatly so clarify if you want a specific format (open plan vs. closed plan)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family