“Тель Авив Leonardo Hotel”

Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was satisfied from all the service of the hotel: comfortable room, beverages, complimentary use of computers at the business –lounge at 9 floor, close to Assuta hospital, which is essential for the Assuta patients.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for six days. The hotel is not centrally located and is quite a distance from any tourist sites. However, it was convenient for my the siness needs (about a 20 min taxi ride). The lobby is quite nice, although the revolving door seemed to be heavily scented - i was glad to go thru it quickly. The rooms are clean and compact with the bed the focal point of the room. Comfortable bed, although only a duvet was provided and no top sheet, despite the warm weather and I resorted to extracting the comforter from the cover and using only the cover. I had an "upgraded room" which provided a small balcony, which unfortunately overlooked the smoking terrace for the building next door or an excavation site. I was very distressed that the room only had a single flat working surface, half of which was taken up by the TV, and leaving very little space for my laptop.

Breakfast buffet was very nice, although only dairy (so no meat). Lunch and dinner menus were comparable, with the former only a subset of the latte, although food was good (try the green salad with nuts - its exceptional).

All in all an acceptable hotel, although not outstanding. I will certainly come here again, but will seek alternates in the area.

Room Tip: AVOID the rooms overlooking the construction sites -
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write down your constructive comments regarding your stay at the Leonardo boutique hotel.
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that has occurred during your stay with us.

The hotel provides thin blankets on demand, we were pleased to switch the blanket for you.
The hotel have variety of rooms, you can request at your next stay different room type.
In Israel there is separation of meat and milk because of kosher law, So you can not serve them together in the same meal.

Guest's satisfaction is something which is taken seriously.

We hope that you will choose to give the Leonardo boutique Hotel another chance upon your next visit to Tel Aviv, we would be very happy to see you visit us again very soon and to provide you with a rewarding experience

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel used to be a good one.
Now the focus on quality decreased dramatically.
I noticed from not working bathtub to dirty towels.
The good points are the location (if you have work to do in the area) and rooms layout.

Dear Guest,

These days the hotel changed all is textile. Unfortunately textiles have a shelf life that Came to an end.
Housekeeping department in the hotel all the time undergoing training to improve service and work.

Guest's satisfaction is something which is taken seriously.

I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly at galitco@fattal.co.il in order for us to further understand what was wrong in the room.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I travelled on business in early November, staying 5 nights. The weather at the time was lovely - about 30°C and sunny.

The first thing to say is that construction work was/is going on on 2 sides of the hotel. On the left a new building is being constructed, and they are just doing the foundations. On a huge site covering the rear of the hotel, earthmovers are arriving and leaving from early in the day to prepare the site for...probably more large buildings. I don't know, I can't read Hebrew.

Once inside the hotel reception, everything is pleasant enough and English is spoken. Check-in was without drama. The rooms are functional and clean. I was on the 8th floor, with great views of the building site at the rear, although to be fair there were other things to see. It's too far from the beach to be able to see the sea.

Best thing about the room was the bed, a king-size jobby with nice firm mattress and good pillows. But as with many hotels nowadays, only a thick duvet was offered, despite the fact that it was 30 degrees C outside. I looked around for a sheet and thin blanket, but there was none. So I did the usual trick of taking the duvet cover off and using that. Every morning, the cleaning staff put my duvet back in its cover and I took it out again.

Bathroom was clean, shower worked, but the water pressure was low. Toiletries were provided, but each day I got a DIFFERENT random collection of grey tubes containing shampoo, lotion, conditioner, etc. One nice touch was a digital weighing scales.

Being the "Leonardo" hotel, every room had some Da Vinci motif, and mine was a recreation of one of the great man's madonnas where a bed headboard would be, with her eyes cast downward benignly smiling at the sleeper. Kinda weird, but I slept well. Until the construction work started early in the morning.

I think the hotel faces south, so my room at the back faced north. The blackout curtain was therefore not really tested, but I have no complaints about stray light getting in.

Internet was via wi-fi (extra charge). Connection speed is good and I had no problems using it, ONCE I got online. A password is provided at check-in time, and seems to be different for every room. It took so long from choosing the hotel's wifi network until the time I was able to enter these credentials in a browser that I called reception. A techie called me back within a few minutes, by which time the browser had responded. Like I say, once connected, bandwidth was good.

Breakfast was interesting. Much variety, but I didn't recognise much of it, and kept to the safe choices of fruit (not an inspired bowl of fruit salad), muesli or smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels (I've had better in Brick Lane).

Service in the breakfast room was surly at times, with enquiries about lack of coffee cups or glasses met with grunts, and in some cases staff just walked away.

I did not try the restaurant. There is a shuttle service to various places available - free of charge it seems. I took their shuttle to the beach. In fact there were only two of us and the shuttle consisted of a taxi instead of a mini-bus. Even better!

Checkout was simple and quick. The bill is presented to you in US Dollars. They had not tried to stitch me up with anything taken from the mini-bar as some places do. The internet charge ($78 for 5 nights) was removed corrected, as arranged with my employer, so I was happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking a building site.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FattalM, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Maintenance staff handles all day at the hotel and guest requests.
I regret to hear about the service at breakfast, Food and Beverage team are all the time to training and improve service
Glad to know the fault of the Internet was handled quickly and efficiently

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The vacation was short but pleasant.
advantage:
the staff were very helpful and efficient.
the rooms very clean and comfortable.
the food very tasty, lot of restaurants in the area
Disadvantage:
location - too far from tel aviv
no balcony in the rooms

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 different business travels.
I love the breakfast buffet.
The room is comfortable and the design is interesting.
The business lounge on the 9th floor is a great "extra".
Whoever likes jogging would enjoy the proximity to the park.

Internet price is a bit high and there is no parking. The paid lot behind the hotel is expensive so I park on Raul Volenberg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I picked this hotel because they were the only reasonably priced hotel within any reasonable distance of the City of Tel Aviv. We paid $270 USD per night, which in the US would yield you a top-notch quality hotel room almost anywhere in the US.

This place looks nice and has a decent breakfast, but that's about as good as it gets.

The reason why I'm leaving this hotel such an awful review because they have continually failed time and time again to deliver on their own commitments as a hotel. First, we booked a three adult room and ended up getting to the room to only one bed, when two beds were clearly ordered. Secondly, on the second day of the stay, we left the room at 8am and came back at 7pm to the room not having been turned over, at all. This is simply unacceptable. Once they came to 'clean' our room, they basically did nothing but swap the towels and rinse the shower.

The truth is, if you want anything to get done at this hotel, you have to complain. But don't expect to be treated well with quality hospitality. They always seem to apologize and find an excuse, however, as a hotel of this level, they should be responsible for preventing people from even having to complain.

Oh, and this hotel's lobby has more cologne pumped into the air than the Venetian in Vegas. Absolutely horrendous. The bell boys were helpful and quick, but that's about as good as the service gets.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write down your constructive comments regarding your stay at the Leonardo boutique hotel .

To get a room with twin beds need to ask for it, most hotel beds are double beds,
and if the room was not to your satisfaction you may request to be moved to different room.
Housekeeping staff are constantly training to improve service, Sorry that your room not cleaned properly.
Household staff is on 24 hours, you can always request a service
The P.R Manager are train the employees to deal with complaints, and she is all the time for hotel guests
The hotel design include the smell ta the lobby, sorry you do not like the smell but it's personal taste

Sincerely