“Happiness in late arrival”
Review of Old Jaffa Hostel

and 1 more site!
Old Jaffa Hostel
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Omer and Hanna give me a quick response for the information of my stay. And I can not forget his and her friendly reception and guidance for my late arrival. They give me a easy guidance for my late arrival, actually I arrived at 11 p.m. And they give me a perfect guidance for the tour of Tel Aviv and Yerusalem etc. I traveled Yerusalem, Jerico, Ein Gedi, Qumlan, Galilee, and Haifa etc. in this visit to Israel because of the good start at Old Jaffa Hostel.
But you can not expect the elevator in Old Jaffa Hostel for your excise to control your baggages. But you will be good if you have youth because Old Jaffa hostel is youth hostel. Thank you Omer and Hanna through this review. From Seoul, Korea.

Room Tip: Room is small, but old and romantic. It is really good for me. I don't know for you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I had a good time during my stay. The hostel is situated in a great, old building. It has two kitchen, from which on is on the rooftop terrace. The latter is a rather relaxing spot to hang out. Great view and many choices of furniture to sit on. Staying in Jaffa is definately worthwile, compared to busy Tel Aviv. During my stay it was Yom Kippur and the staff was incredibly helpful in letting me know what was or wasn't possible that day (and what I should or shouldn't do).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

A very old hostel with a great terrace.the kitchen is on the terrace and you have many opportunities to sit there,you also can enjoy a nice breakfast there,hang you clothes.
the dorm rooms are very nice with old lockers,half a century old.but there are seperated in genders.
the private rooms are extraordinary,with nice little toilett and shower and wonderful furniture and a great a comfortable bed.
jaffa is a great neighbourhood,with lot to explore,you can hear the muizin in the morning and the evening.
down the street are a few very nice shops from young desingers,there are restaurants in the streets and sometimes live music.very cool place.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed there a few nights during my stay in Israel. After a terrible experience at HaYarkon 48 I had to find something else so I tried the Old Jaffa Hostel.

I stayed in the girls' dorm.where, eventhough there is room for 12 people, the guests were very respectful every time I stayed there. However, I do not recommend sleeping next to the window as you will be the first choice target for mosquitoes !

The showers are cleaned everyday but you'd better shower right after the passage of the cleaning staff as it can get quite nasty.

They have the most beautiful and amazing rooftop lounge with an openair kitchen available to all guests.

The staff aren't always the most friendly but overall I really enjoyed my multiple stays there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Our room (B class) was like a little box, the walls are built around the bed. If you are more than 1.80m, forget this hôtel, Ceiling is really low. The bedding was dirty, and air conditioner was full of mushrooms and not working properly because Water were falling down from it, directly on our shoes, the only available place to put something... Bathroom was also dirty, stinky and the shower is a very small triangle where you can not wash confortably. Staff was not really friendly . The breakfast is really a joke, gelatine jam and Some slices of bread. The rooftop is nothing special, Plastic tarpaulin to cover it, and you see just a bit of the sea.

At least something positive, the hostel is located in old part of the city with nice restaurants and a nice beach not too crowdy around.

For the price (74$ for 2 people), it is really not worth to stay. To avoid, REALLY!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan W
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I was staying in Tel Aviv for around 3 weeks and was staying in the dorm room. There is no air conditioning which is in summer is essential and therefore the room was boiling at night and in the day. The roof top terrace and its location are the only good parts of the hostel, the staff are very unfriendly and are rarely there. The staff are also very unaccommodating, and this coupled with their constant absence makes the hostel feel quite unfriendly. The prices compared to other hostels in Israel are also quite high and considering you do not get much for your money it seems a lot higher.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Jamessss12
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We have been for two nights, we arrived really tired and we have welcome in a really rude way. Bathroom are really terrible, you can't move inside so little spaces are. Room was so hot, the door on the balcon was broken and impossible to close it in order to avoid noises from the road.
And for breakfast you have to be in queue waiting so long for a slice of bread...
Staff unfriendly and rude. And moreover, if you know the past and story of this building, you unsìderstund why we MUST avoid this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends