Sun City Hotel
Ranked #88 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed August 31, 2013

It is amazing what photo shop can do these days. We booked a 5 night stay at this establishment based on the photos of the room and the proximity to our relations in Tel Aviv. What a disappointment it turned out to be. Terrible bathroom facilities, terrible single beds and because of the weather, we ran the noisy air conditioner the whole time we were in the room. The proximity to two night clubs certainly did not help either.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim P

Reviewed August 26, 2013

very nice hotel, just near the beach, in the main avenue, clean, everything you need you can ask for it, people of the hotel are very nice, there is no elevator but they help in case we need, i advice it every much,

Room Tip: no swimming pool no fitness club but it does not matter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fadma2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of nights in November on a beach/travel holiday.
It's located on a busy Street but has good access to local bars and clubs and the beach. The staff are more than willing to help with any issues. The hotel even provides bikes to use (though they aren't in the best of nick). The room is moderately sized and clean. The only issue was that it was located next to a room in a different building which was blaring out Hare krishna one evening.
But overall it was a pleasant experience and good value for money!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Decent budget hotel: rooms and bathrooms are pretty clean. However the level of service and staff's attitude is lacking. Yes, they are not Hilton but also not a hostel. Some friendly favors are expected but were not 'provided'.
For example, they would not call a cab for me because 'they do not do that' and I had to walk several blocks in heels and cocktail dress in the heat trying to hail a cab. 2 days later I had to make the same trip with the heavy suitcase...

In addition:
- There is no elevator and it is not clearly spelled out on the website

- The hotel does not have an ironing board and you are supposed to iron on the bed

- One evening I came in to find that all towels had been removed from the room and the receptionist did not have enough clean towels of different sizes

- Most disturbing is the absence of secure storage for luggage that is (again) not spelled out on the website. I actually have the email from the hotel stating that I can 'check in' my luggage after I check out and the luggage would be safe. Turned out you have to leave your suitcase in the cafeteria that is always open. The reception desk staff cannot see what happens in that room. When I came to pick up my luggage nobody bothered to check if the luggage belonged to me before I walked into that room. I moved stuff in and out of my suitcase without anybody paying any attention. Any stranger can walk in and either take something from your suitcase or put something in it. That was mind boggling given how much security issues mean in Israel.

Room Tip: You can pay either for the whole stay or per night. Always, always ask to see your room before payin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank D0V0
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I personally like the interior neatness and necessary equipments that really makes a traveller realize this is hotel,a home from my home. I wanted to inquire who is the manager of the hotel man or woman,due to the fittings of the interior shows real feeling and like someone who understands the nessecity of a hotel room and guest comfort.

The big name of hotels does not matter but the comfort whether big or small. I was surprised they called an air-condition engineer to check my room air-condition,that alone shows they are after the comfort of their guest. Why won;t I go back and patronize them again for I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter,and Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The area near the sea but with drunkards around it. The hotel is very noisy; a club is just beside. I do not recomment to stay there. The soundproofing is non-existent and the door does not close properly. The bedding is good and the bathroom is clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marcus c
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Single room is extremely small.I literally had to to step over my bag to get to the bathroom.

Although the location is great (in Allenby and less than 10 min slow walk to the beach) is the front of the hotel (in Allenby Street) right above a nightclub.They started at around 10 pm and continued until 7 am the next morning. It was very noisy and hard to sleep with people yelling and hollering all the time.

At $65 per night do I think that is was on the expensive side

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com