“5 stars? From whom?”

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
Ranked #24 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I came to Tel Aviv on business, alone. I like to exercise before and after flying.

In spite being recommended other hotels in the city, I chose this one because it had a Holmes Place gym and spa. Sadly, they had, had a flood and it was completely closed. Obviously I was not entirely happy about this. They rather too graciously allowed me to use the gym at the Crowne Plaza beach hotel via the shuttle. That only goes every 2 hours. Hardly ideal.

So I had a shower. It was OK but in the box of treats and things in the bathroom, the grooming kit had been opened and not replaced. I find in general that it's the little things like this that really make me want to check the hell out. The robe was far too small for a 6'ft 3 inch man, had a patronizing sign on it about 'please buy one, do not steal it) I squeezed into it. It was threadbare and yellow with age.

The restaurant in the hotel was packed to the rafters after a corporate event in the bar and frankly, was extremely loud. As the (photocopied) room service menu was quite limited I had little choice but to persevere. I had a pretty awful sirloin steak, and had to ask 3 times before they waiter remembered to bring me mustard.

By this time, I'm beginning to suspect that this place might actually be pretty badly run...

Back in the room, I bought a movie. It had no audio. Now utterly beaten down I went to sleep.

In the morning, I tried to get the points put onto my avios number - they didn't know how to do it., were busy, disinterested and frankly arrogant.

I am presently looking for a REGULAR hotel chain to build some points up on. It was a CROWNE PLAZA audition and they failed. Bloody miserably. Never again.

Oh, and breakfast sucked!

Room Tip: A good room would be one in another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Dave W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Fabiodeluxe,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see that this experience was not what you have expected from our hotel. We do take all of the reviews that we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is a great place to stay at; its next to the Hashalom train station and convenient to the town and beach. Free shuttle to the beach and back. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful clean and updated rooms.
Only disappointment I had was they wanted 6 shekels for a less than 1 min local call; too me, this is way too much, and the operator should have told me this cost before placing my call. I could have used my US cellphone and paid $0.20/min instead; way cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

All three concierges helped us with accurate suggestions to enable us to enjoy positive experiences in Tel Aviv. They listened to what I wanted to do, asked thoughtful questions about my expectations and desires, and then offered suggestions for restaurants and sites that met my needs. We are used to, comfortable with, and expect 5 Star Four Seasons / Ritz Carlton level concierge services. The concierges at this hotel are definitely in that top level category.
The chief concierge (whose name I've unfortunately forgotten) even planned our trip to Petra, Jordan by getting us flights to Eilat, helped us with timing and transportation, and even helped us with a reservation to a lovely hotel in dead sea following our tour in Petra, Jordan.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at City Center. Not the first time for me, and I select this hotel cause is located in good position for business activities and easy to reach from Ben Gurion int. airport.
Good service and friendly but professional atmosphere. Rooms are clean and comfortable, the outfitting and amenities are proper for a business use. Overall very satisfied, is my business port any time I come back to tel aviv.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Bright and comfortable rooms ideal for business travelers, best gym ever, great location and clean, no carpet in the room great for cleanliness, spacious bathroom with great shower, the ice machine can be noisy and the elevator too!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here several nights and found this hotel to be great. Central Location for business good access to roads. Breakfast is wonderful with a lot of choices. The hotel staff is very friendly which is not always the case in Israel. Room was quiet but they did have trouble remembering to clean my room but when I called they did come to clean it. 2 days I had to call front desk to get room clean. If it was not for that I would give them a five.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Not the first time I've stayed at Crowne Plaza City Center and I always look forward to it. The breakfast it phenomenal as are the snacks in the executive lounge. I was a little disappointed in the maintenance of my room. A couple of the switches needed to be repaired. Overall, a great experience and I'm returning in a couple of weeks for my next stay.