“Breathtakingly Wonderful”

Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Breathtakingly Wonderful”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my second visit to the Crowne Plaza in Tel Aviv and having previously rated it as the best hotel I had ever stayed in I was hoping to get more of the same!

The room I had was massive up on the 17th floor with huge big windows that let you look out at what I must admit is some stunning views of the buildings and surroundings. The bathroom was excellent with a warm high pressure shower cabinet and a separate bath tub. The views from the bathroom were equally stunning!

I had dinner at their restaurant on all four nights and can not recommend the lamb shank highly enough. The food alone is worth getting on a plane and flying there for! Wonderful!

The staff that I encountered were friendly and efficient, I can't fault them in any way.

There is a huge shopping centre connected to the hotel, for me it was worth a look although I am not too into the whole shopping thing, it was a good mall and they seemed to have everything I could have needed or wanted. Also, across from the main entrance is a little supermarket, not as comprehensive as the basic UK ones but you could grab fizzy juice & crisps to keep yourself going.

Room Tip: The higher the better, wherever you are, you are promised a superb view from all sides
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Petah Tiqwa, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great staff service. Delicious meals and fresh food. We had great hospitality and we will be happy to return in the future.
Very large and the bed comfortable.
Large windows and see the impressive view of Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Studio room and the room was amazing. The 15th floor view was great.
Arad, Israel
Reviewed July 24, 2013

It's the 3rd time I'm staying with my wife at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center.
I travell ( business ) almost 100days a year around the world and stayed on lot's of hotels.
The Cleanliness ,Service , Rooms and Food at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center is few levels above most luxury hotels !
The best for us is the location - located at the center of Tel Aviv , sorrounded with lots of shops and huge mall , lots of restaurant in 2minutes walking , Free shuttle Service to the beach ,
1minute walking to the Train Station.
Highly recommanded !!! will do it again next month with freinds.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I love Tel Aviv and do travel their quite a bit. I have stayed in this hotel once before, my first experience was the same. The concierge clearly hated his job, the manager didn't want to resolve the issues and said I was in the wrong. The end result was a some small amenities as a sorry.

I booked a tour of Jerusalem directly with the hotel. The concierge booked it on the wrong date, the hotel then booked it for the right date after a bit of a battle. The day came for the tour, having taken them before with other hotels I did expect a call of sorts. I didn't get one. I rang reception and they told me that the tour had gone and that I missed it. Tough luck.

I then wanted to speak to a manager. The manager told me that I was in the wrong and clearly didn't know how a hotel operated. I can assure you.. I may be young but I have stayed in enough hotels to know how it works.

Its only when I said that I would be relaying my experiences to British Airways that they finally got someone normal and understanding the resolve the issue.

I was only in Tel aviv for 4 days that time round and wanted to see Jerusalem. I asked the concierge if he could book me a private tour. His response? "It'll be too expensive for you". Considering that I had Isralimo take me through the airport, put me in a lounge and give transfers to the hotel and around Israel for my meetings I just rang them up and within 20 minutes I had a time slot and a booking. Now that's service.

I have since come back to this hotel and tried to give it a second chance, It isn't that bad! The view is amazing and most of the staff are helpful and lovely.

My second visit was faultfree minus the concierge once again.. Why employee people of such manner?

Either way. I've decided to stick to other hotels within Tel Aviv for my stays. I would suggest the same. Some of the staff do need to understand that without us, the customers, the hotel wouldn't be alive.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a much better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sohail I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Sohail I,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regrettable you found the level of service you received less than satisfactory. Your comments will be shared with our Management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was our third time back to this hotel.
As previous times, the rooms were outstanding.
We had a suite on the 22th floor with a fantastic view.
They really know the meaning of providing service starting with the lovely bellboys, warm welcome, beautiful room, and the best breakfast!! I definitely recommend this hotel and i will definitely be back !
We would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed in Tel Aviv and travelled everyday to Jerusalam. That was painful. But the hotel has very good arrangements for tours through Rent a guide. A very very happy trip. I had dropped about 500 shekels on my floor and was looking for it frantically when a hotel staff came up and retuned my all my money. Honesty at its best

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city are very nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words.
Our guests can be quite , they are very well secured.

Best Regards,
Ella Kronkop
ellak@crowneplaza-il.com
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed July 17, 2013

the hotel is designedin a very modern decor,the rooms are spacious, beautiful and very comfortable. i slept great in the comfy bed.
the staff's service was excellent all staff workers i encountered were very kind and filled my requests promptly. most of the staff members spoke perfect english
the restaurant serves a delicious breakfast and dinner.
very clean and wellcoming. i highly recommend!

Room Tip: choose the highest rooms with the view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ronit,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
I’m delighted that your spent a great stay with us.

Best Regards,