“great hotel”

Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“great hotel”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent 3 night in this hotel. The room was very big ,beautiful, modern , clean ,comfortable, the view was wonderfull. The location is great, in the center of Tel Aviv. Free Internet. The staff was very professional. I'm decently recommend this hotel.I had a great time.I would like to thank Uri Kohen for the service.Thank you, Liraz

1 Thank Liraz R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston,MA
Reviewed April 19, 2013

An ultra modern hotel in the heart of the city.

The staff was warm, helpful and hospitable. The entire hotel was bright and attractive. Although it is a very high building the elevator system had an arrangement we never saw before. When calling the elevator one enters the desired floor number. The result is little or no wait for an elevator.

The room was large attractive and very well appointed. Halogen reading light at the bed, a good work desk with good lighting, a charging station for phones, laptops, etc..

The buffet breakfast was served in a dinning room on a high floor (maybe the 10th) with a nice view and nice light. The room was attractive and the staff very attentive. The food was excellent. We also had dinner in the same room (not a buffet) and the service and the meal was also excellent.

We would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Commadore
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A modern, well situated hotel which is clean and comfortable. Close to the beach, about 20-30 mins walk and a little further to Jaffa. The 3 towers which make up this complex hold a great shopping mall plus a viewing level with 360 degree views.
I had a room on the Club level which had access to the Club lounge which was a nice bonus. Drinks, canapes and computer access, plus a receptionist only too willing to answer your needs or questions.
A 15 minute walk away is an area with a good variety of bars and restaurants. I would stay here again for ease of venue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SueWithaView
Beersheba, Israel
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I spent 3 night in this hotel.
The room was very big , modern , very clean , the view was great.
The location very good , in the center of this great city , it is next to train station.
Free Internet
The best spa ever.
The staff was very professional.
I'm decently recommend this hotel.

2 Thank ShayT885
Waterford
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed here a few times. At first I thought I was on an island surrounded by motorways but have found that a short walk brings you to a large number of restaurants and bars which are popular with locals.
My advise would be to always make a reservation before you go somewhere. There never seems to be a quiet night in Tel Aviv
The Crowne Plaza is located in the same complex as a major shopping center which makes it handy for gifts on short stays

Room Tip: Be careful when taking a taxi from airport to state you are going to Azrieli Center and not the sist...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roykeaneisgod
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was there for the holiday rooms was nice located ordered room on the phone with the hotel Center Was coded a price it was an unpleasant to find out that they overcharge me When i chackd out. Ii was promised to get a call the fallowing day. Never happened. I called again she was nice but never got an answer .
Breakfast was tribal. The kids on the first time asked me to eat out So we paid again for that out of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Avi-lu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Avi-lu,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Tel Aviv.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corvallis
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I travel regularly to Israel and I keep trying to make this hotel work. It is next to the train station, centrally located, and easy to get to and from and that makes a big difference.
However:
1. At the front desk only one person working Tuesday morning. I had lost my key so I waited 20 minutes for them to get to me. Surprised they wouldn't call someone to help.
2. The main conceirge seems to always be on his cell phone to soeone. I'm beginning to think he is running a busienss on the side.
3. They light up the outside of the buidling with flood lights that are on until late at night. No mattter what I do, no matter what room I stay in, the curtains don't block it out and it keeps me from sleeping.
4. There used to be a nightlight on the floor next to the bathroom that kept me awake. I would put a pillow over it but nothing seemed to work to block it out. Thankfully they have either turned them off or I've got a room this time that the light has burned out.
5. They can't cook eggs. At breakfast scrambled eggs are so over cooked they are frightening. In the past when I've asked for an omlet the cook burns it. they use a metal round thing to make the omlets in and the grill must be too hot. Surprising to me that trained cooks cannot actually cook eggs correctly.
6. No hot food on Saturdays (sabbath) but that is all hotels so I can't hold that against them.
7. For some reason they have 2 elevators out of 4 set up as "sabbath elevators" which means effectively the rest of us wait on the other 2.Every other hotel I've stayed in, Dan, David, Leonardo ony have one set up as Sabbath elevator
8. final straw was dinner tonight. I was tired, it was late, I was just looking for an easy evening. I got there and the hostess and host were engaged in some sort of bickering game so it took awhile to be seated. One waitress took my order another brought it out. Apparently something was lost in the process as the second one missed part of my order when she brought out food. Since a different person had taken the order I told her about the miss and she said she would bring it right away. I waited a bit, gave up as my food was getting cold and started eating. I did see her wandering around over by the bar but she never came by again. Wasn't so much the missing of the item that bothered me it was the telling me she would do something and then disappearing. It was not busy at all so I was really stunned.

So I'm here until Thursday. I'm too tired or too lazy to pack everything and change hotels but I won't be back.

Chris Walton

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Mr.Walton,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m so sorry to see that we fell below your expectations.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your feedback will help us improve; fortunately we have the opportunity to change your mind as the feedback was written whilst you’re still here though I’d prefer the opportunity to hear your comments in person first.
We would like to offer a sincere apology for any inconvenience described.

Sincerely yours,