“Great value, very friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Great value, very friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Maybe it's only me but I do prefer an updated property with upbeat attentive staff even if it means a 10 minutes ride to the beach (and these guys provide a frequent and convenient shuttle). One of the best designed, surely spacious rooms, free of charge wi-fi and Holmes place gym and the friendly faces I met went the extra mile.
Had few good and bed stays in the area, this hotel is a great choice for my next trips.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jennie P
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2012

Thank you!

From your feedback it seems that you tried several options in the city and it’s a great honor that you find that our hotel is most updated and comfortable for you.

If there are any questions or arrangements needed please do not hesitate to contact me in advance via ellak@crowneplaza-il.com

Ella Kronkop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

Disappointing crowne plaza from a customer service angle, staff happy not to serve you, look at you or even help you, very odd for a hotel. Frustrating, I had to ask 4 times to book a meeting room over 12 hours, no one really interested in assisting. In prep for Passover everything closed all day, had to go to supermarket to get food, nothing available for 24 hours. Central location, in the mall. Modern, nice rooms, great view of the city, trains noisy even on the 16 th floor. Beds comfortable, everything in room in working order. Lots of other hotels in area with much better service and actually want the business.

Stayed April 2012
Dear Guest,
It's our goal to consistently provide superior service and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome the opportunity to improve.

I apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced, I presume you describe the day we made some Koshering procedures in preparation for Jewish Passover. Still some outlets remained open, I'm sorry if our staff didn’t inform you accordingly.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center for your future travel needs.

Please contact me prior your arrival via ellak@crowneplaza-il.com or +972 3 7774005

Ella
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

The hotel is clean and nice. The rooms are somewhat bare. Mine had a hideous shag area rug over a moderately bleached wood floor. Still absolutely no complaints about the room.

The hotel is located in a building that is attached to a shopping area. There is a huge parking lot under the hotel. It was hard to find a parking space unless I went to the -2 floor. Then I had a hard time finding the correct elevator to take to get to the hotel. Since I was there for work, I figured staying in the city center would be preferred. Next time I will probably stay closer to the beach. The exercise room opens at 6:00am. That is difficult if you work out for an hour, then need to cool down so that you aren't sweating even after you shower and make an 8:00am meeting.

Some of the people behind the counter were very nice and helpful. A couple were rude. There was a trainee who was particularly rude when I was checking out. She acted as if she was doing me a favor and the way that they do things is the only way they are done. I shrugged it off and wondered if she was the right person to be at the front desk. Luckily the bell woman was pleasant enough to leave me with a nice final impression.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

As you mentioned some service issues upon check out I would be happy if you will take a time and provide me with detailed information about your recent stay in order to learn and investigate this matter.
In addition I was sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with the Gym opening hours::
• The Gym-our guests enjoy free access to "Holmes Place" Azrieli PREMIUM fitness and spa located on 400 square meters and with most convenient opening hours from 06:00am until 23:45 pm.
• Location-The hotel operates a complimentary shuttle to and from the beach, every day between 10:00 in the morning until 22:00 in the evening every two hours. Our guests may have the beach towels at the hotel's reception.

There is no doubt that our guest's opinion is very important for us in order to learn and improve our services.

Please contact me directly via ellak@crowneplaza-il.com or +972 3 7774005
I will be happy to hear from you.

Ella Kronkop
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

I do not usualy write hotel reviews because my company sends me and I never chek where. But I just had the most wonderful stay in Tel Aviv, at the Crowne Plaza City Center Hotel.
I stayed in the hotel for nearly two week in trainings, the internet is FREE and FAST!The rooms are big and bright. It looks very new and clean. The service was great! Very smily, everyone speaks good english and some ever German and French. Breakfast was great and 10 minutes walk, many good restaurants. The beds are amasing. In two weeks, you feel at home, very friendly staff.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are big and bright. Was upgraded free as platinum member.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
THANK YOU!

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your such a nice feedback with many travelers.

I'm so happy you enjoyed the hotel services and surrounding and truly hope we will jave the opportunity to welcome you back in our beautiful city.

Ella
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Upgrade helped to a good quality suite. Agree with comments about noise coming from somewhere. Breakfast surpassed In Bal in Jerusalem rated no1 in Israel-extremely good. Large secure parking underneath hotel discount rate of 50% for hotel guests. Bar expensive so the shopping mall where the hotel is far better value. Just misses out on Crowne Plaza's usually excellent standards.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Actreps

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you commented on what you enjoyed about the hotel as well as what fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments for consideration. We always welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Katie J
Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during week of March 25 for 7 days. My room is assigned at floor 12 which is above the restaurant. I'm not sure the noise comes from restaurant or a disco nearby or a construction site. I used to be waken up during the nights.

The location of this hotel is quite nice, near by shopping mall and convenient store, without having to be out.

The bag has to be checked each time when you enter the hotel, or mall. But it's good for security.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear j3ffyang,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience due to the noise as you described. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

The Hotel is getting old very fast. Rooms furniture is plenty of scratches. After 9 am is impossible to sleep; maids slam the doors continuesly when cleaning other rooms.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear SBV7,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. I will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,