“Cute.”

Ranked #539 of 1,669 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was nice with a tapas menu for the most part. None of the dishes blew me away or were especially memorable. It was "nice" for the area and a "different" type of ambiance, but again nothing that special

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a great and cosy spot to hang out, meet nice relaxed people while enjoying delicious food and wines.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

You can't book a table, so better be there early. The pork Shawarma is to die for, make sure you order it before they run out. Focus on the small plates and daily specials.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

When you see it at first, you think - its not much... It looks like a mish-mash of not very comfortable chairs and tables... I was on my way to another restaurant to have lunch. It was a beautiful day, and I decided to enter "The Basta" (which means in Hebrew - a market stand). There was no sigh, so I had to ask the waitress for the name of the place.
3 Courses meal for only 98NIS (which is about 26$). 2 Starters and a main course for that price (I drank a glass of water). Ikra (fish eggs - delicious) and some fine cuts of cold corned beef with olive oil (the bread was just fresh and crusty, served with a lump of butter - superb!), and then I had a dish called - Pluff = sweet rice slowly cooked with meat - again, very good. Its not what you might call "Fine dining", but for a very good lunch (and not expensive one), its highly recommended (if you are planing to pop the "Will you marry me?" question - its not the right place for the occasion).
Its situated near the Carmel market, so you can have a walk through it after lunch (if you like walking through markets, and exploring the place).

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Although this restaurant serves non vegetarian food, we found so many things on the menu for us. And to our great fortune, the owner/chef was sitting next to us outside and after a brief conversation, he offer to have food brought out to us at his selection. We accepted and were delighted.
We also met an interesting man who shared his favorite places to go and see.
Wonderful evening.