“Delicious dinner with friendly wait staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shila - Sharon Cohen's Kitchen & Bar

Shila - Sharon Cohen's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #13 of 1,561 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious dinner with friendly wait staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Went with a larger mixed international group and all of us ate and drank way too much but had a great meal made better by the service from the wait staff. Highly recommend and be sure to get a reservation outside it gets very very busy. Highly recommend and it is within easy walking distance from the seafront hotels.

Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Inspiration and Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Was staying at the Hilton and stumbled on this place walking around. I knew nothing about it but could just tell I had to eat there. With no reservation, it was impossible to get in, but I stood my ground (yeah, I'm a New Yorker LOL) and they found a spot for me and a friend. And boy was my hunch right...wow! If you are a serious foodie, try and get a seat at the raw prep bar. Not your "traditional" dining experience but worth it for the experience. Those chefs are crazy inspired and clearly love what they do. I just kept pointing at the creations and saying, " give us one of those!" All the raw food, the tartares and carpaccios a were over the top delicious, with complex layers of flavor and inspired presentation. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. We had so much fun. We declined dessert saying, " eh, who needs another crime brûlée?" And so they brought us one on the house anyway and wow! Blew me away, because it was NOT just another crime brûlée! Will be back to Israel next year and this will definitely be my first stop.

• Visited May 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
“Trendy trendy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

If you want to dine with the beautiful people AND eat good food this is the place.
You will also have very attentative service.
If you enjoy a more quite noice level - sit out side!

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tel Aviv's "best" fails - well below global standard ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I heard many good things about Shila's and arranged a meal for some guests on Tuesday 22 April 2014.

Our guests came with a baby, the table was booked 19.15 for around two hours and we expected to be gone by 21.30.

The food was absurdly late (over an hour for the main course) and when it did eventually arrive, one of the diners had to wait an additional 15 minutes to receive her food. The dish was also not as described - in the menu did not say it came with cheese and our guests do not mix meat and dairy.

We had multiple waitresses and neither the manager, nor the staff were able to provide a realistic, satisfactory answer as to the arrival of the food.

It was both embarrassing for our guests and also difficult for the baby as we did not leave until very late.

Atmosphere was buzzy, noticeable on leaving, that the restaurant was filled with well dressed clientele looking at other well dressed clientele, more than their food and dining partners.

The food was average - I have enjoyed much better at top and celebrated establishments in Tel Aviv.

I can see why people like it.

Go to be seen, otherwise avoid.

A disappointment.

1 Thank Dean E
“Tel aviv at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Such quality in the ingredients, in the service...every dish is unique and original...i enjoyed every minute!