“Shila shines”

Ranked #18 of 1,651 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sit at the bar counter and watch the superb cold kitchen chefs perform their magic. They are happy to chat to you too. Chicken livers are sublime, as well as the avo-wrapped fish tartare. Service is top-notch. Ask for their recommendations. Order a few tapas. See how much space you have left for a main course. Remember that Israeli portions are substantial. One of the best places to eat in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Wd had an excellent dinner on a sat night - great fish carpaccio : we loved the tuna carppacio with eggplant and walnut tehina as well as the crystal shrimp carpaccio - friendly service and very nice athmosphere inside terrasse o the street might be noisy - do not miss the mabuli for desert

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Fresh food, originality, finest meals, good wine selection and very good staff (nice, helpful, smiling..). The 2nd terrasse is really great and quieter than inside, but it depends if you're more on a relax dinner mood or on a more party and sharing mood with great music (inside)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had been touring Israel and it was our last night back in Tel Aviv. We asked the hotel where to eat and they said we will call and make a reservation at Shila's around the corner. My wife and I sat at the bar and watched the chef's prepare the food and this place was hopping!! Food was excellant, service was better! We both had fish on risotto, mine was a
grouper, her's was snapper. We split an appetizer of seared tuna. An absolute MUST GO!! not cheap but worth every shekel!! I would put this up against ANY resturant in DC!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I must have walked by this place a million times, always saw a lineup, but somehow still never checked it out till January. I was very pleasantly surprised (and disappointed I hadn’t been there sooner). I've been there twice since. They have 2 sizes of appetizers, and smaller mains….all that to say the best advice is to share a bunch of plates and enjoy. I loved the staff and the vibe was great. I would make reservations, especially on weekends.

1  Thank jonokalles