“Do not miss this truly charming restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Jerusalem - The Ticho House - CLOSED

Little Jerusalem - The Ticho House
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, American, European, Pub, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Roslyn Heights, New York
“Do not miss this truly charming restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was our best eating experience in Jerusalem .Great garden dining if weather permits .
Food was exemplary and always fresh

• Visited April 2014

Jerusalem, Israel
“Excellent food and wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Everything we ordered was really delicious and all the food that everyone around us ordered looked and smelled wonderful. The staff was fabulous, one of the most excellent places for service in Jerusalem. The ambiance is really beautiful, right in the middle of a stunning garden.
Highly, highly recommended!

3 Thank SarKru
Warsaw
“Brilliant food, one of the best salmon I've ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you are in Jerusalem it is a must, brilliant place with great food. If you are lucky you may eat in a garden. Hope you will like it! :)

2 Thank rufjan
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal and most affable hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ticho House was recommended by our friends in Tel Aviv. All I can say is the recommendations couldn't come highly enough. The restaurant is based in the cellar of a beautiful mansion and full of character. The food was fantastic and I would truly recommend the salad platter (which would be enough for almost two people). I had a main of grilled fish which was delicious and after declining dessert, our waitress insisted that we have a dessert on the house. A place that should be on the radar for those who enjoy good food and great service.

2 Thank Josephoz
Jerusalem, Israel
“Best dining experience in Jerusalem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

By "dining experience", I mean the ambience, physical environment, food and service. It's a beautiful and surprising little mecca right off the heart of downtown Jerusalem, flowers, lawns, outdoor dining, trees and private rooms inside. Waiters sit and serve you immediately and then do not forget you. When I couldn't find my way out after dinner, one young woman employee had me follow her through the landscape maze right to the gate and showed me how to open it. My server unexpectedly brought me an added sauce alternative for my main meal because I couldn't decide which one to order. He was the one to suggest the onion soup as a starter when I couldn't decide and it was as tasty as any I ever had. Then came the main meal, the trout from a trout farm in the Galilee, fresh tasting, thick and plentiful done just right. Included were the potatoes, hot and buttery, mixed vegetables and a large salad including sprouts. I finished with dessert, plum pie warm with ice cream, really chewy and tasty without being too sweet plus cafe au lait. I then made my way quite satisfied up Ben Yahuda Street to King George, took the bus to the tremping place outside the city hoping the rains would not quite yet start and then, luckily, without much trouble, caught a ride into Teko'a. Would I return? Yes! And with my vegetarian daughter next time.

1 Thank Robert H