“Classic northern italian cuisine”
Review of cielo

cielo
Ranked #113 of 733 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Down Town West Jerusalem
Reviewed June 19, 2012

One of the best Italian restaurants in the city. It`s small, intimate and a bit pricey (unless you come for lunch), but worth it all. I had a buisness lunch for 65 NIS that included a primo, a secondo and also a complementary bruschetta al pomodoro. The spaghetti al ragù were excellent, Al Dente with a great, slow cooked sauce, and enough for a famished student like myself. The chicken breast with lemon sauce and Rosemary was superb - who knew that a chicken breast could be so juicy and delicous if only done right. The waitress was very kind (even though she did tried to pitch the more expensive stuff) and the silent classic music made me feal like i was somwhere else than Jerusalem, wich is allways a plus.Will deffenatly come back for dinner (probably the next time my parents come for a visit).

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The atmosphere of this small restaurant is nothing special, but we had a good meal here. It is a little pricey (like all of Israel), but we had very good service and good food. The food was a little heavier than the meal we had the previous night at the Hotel Mamilla. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to eat here, but if you're staying nearby, it is a good choice.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

From the moment we arrived every thing was perfect. Incredible foold, excellent service. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The atmosphere is non existent. The door is locked and you must be let in and out which made us feel insecure of the location, which happened to be walking distance from our 5 star hotel. The appetizers were the best part of the meal. We shared a hearty portion of chicken liver and onions which was more than enough for 4 people and extremely delicious. The bread brought back memories of my grandmother's challah. Three of us had veal marsala as our main dish and all agreed it was terribly sweet. The prices seemed extraordinarily high. Would not recommend.

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The food is good. Small but intimate but full of atmosphere. Menu is not large but what is listed has never disappointed