Travellers, beware of the ultimate "bait and switch" property. This out-dated and rotting montrosity of a hotel does not look anything like the photos on their website. I was scehduled for five nights at the Rimonim Shalom Hotel, and suffered through each one. I should have been warned when they charged my credit card UPON CHECK IN, before I'd been upstairs to see my room. Read on, friends (pay attention to #15.
1) The entire building is decrepid and in disrepair.
2) The hotel has "sick building syndrome" and will make you sick (as I was each night)
3) It was established in 1972 and only the lobby has been upgraded; the rooms, halls and elevators are straight from 1972, inlcuding the mattresses, carpet, sinks, toilets, hardware and tub.
4) You can see the rust in the filthy elevators (feeling safe yet?). Elevators are really unclean.
5) Hallways and elevators are not air-conditioned.
6) Paint is peeling.
7) Wall paper is peeling, yellowed and lifting.
8) Original 1972 carpets are filthy, crunchy, vile and disgusting. Clearly they've never been cleaned. I'm serious.
9) My bathroom was full of black mold and mildew. Filthy tub. "Grossed out" the entire time, and I'm not even close to be a germophobe; I can usually tought it out.
10) Bathroom in general was unsanitary.
11) The "towels" are actually rags we'd use for cleaning up messes at home, or for a painting project.
12) Phone: inoperative
13) Shower: sometimes inoperative
14) Toilet: inoperative half the time
15) The supposed "air conditioner" blew out HOT air that smelled like burning human hair since the ducts have clearly never been cleaned. I insisted (three calls to the front desk) they have the AC fixed and a technician removed the filter in front of me. There was literally a ONE INCH thick layer of compacted human hair blocking the air flow. Disgusting. He vacuumed it up right in my room so I got a close-up view of the lack of cleanliness in the building.
16) No new toilet paper rolls, you get the half roll (and the germs) from the previous guest.
17) Hallways are buckling and are wavy from the delapitated condition of the hotel.
18) Got sick to my stomach every time I ate breakfast or dinner there.
19) The lobby is upgraded since they spent money on the big bluff.
20) Upon arrival, you are greeted by the aroma of rotting trash, as the big (open) dumpsters are near the entrance to the hotel.
21) The front desk clerk told my sister "to stop calling me so much" and didn't pass on her messages and would not transfer her calls to my room (I guess it wouldn't have mattered since the phone only worked sporadically). I didn't receive important messages because of the bad mood of the clerk AND because the phone wasn't working.
Buy hey, the lobby sure looks nice!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rimonim Shalom Hotel Jerusalem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimonim Jerusalem Hotel Jerusalem