Tripadvisor

Informative Tour of Old Jerusalem

Reviewed September 13, 2019
Sylvia A
via mobile

All reviews his knowledge old city west bank golan heights personal stories come alive israel experience his passion dead sea holy land every corner four quarters great sense of humor amazing tour temple mount politics perspective
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

Maayan spent 6 incredible days touring all over Israel with my wife and myself. He is a wonderful and caring individual. As a couple that had never been to Israel, Maayan was invaluable in our experience there. He is a walking encyclopedia of ever aspect of Israel! We highly recommend using him as a tour guide.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank eyedocinny
Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

Maayan was incredibly knowledgeable of the history of Jerusalem. Through his stories, Maayan helped us to understand the importance of the city and sights in each of the religions. Would very much recommend a tour with Maayan!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Our day with Maayan was fantastic! He was engaging all day, told great stories, and gave us a great tour of the Old City in Jerusalem. He reconnected us to the history of the Jewish story and enlightened us with the stories of the Christian, Muslim, and Armenian people. We really enjoyed spending the day with Maayan. We highly recommend you do, too!

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I spent almost 12 days in Israel and 7 of 12 with Mayaan! He was a spectacular guide! His knowledge and the way that he is explaining the history is really enjoyable. I am a Spanish speaker and the tour was in English but he was explaining everything so good that I could understand almost everything and if I had any question... he was explaining 2 or 3 times more until I was satisfied with!

He always gave us recommendations after the tour about cool places to go, etc! Even he gave us a very nice food tour that was not part of the tour! That was only because he is very nice, cool and he had free time!

Definitely, we are engage with him next time! We extremely recommend him!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Maayan’s personality is outstanding, his attention to detail fabulous, his smile infectious, but what he did for 16 individual employees of three San Francisco Bay Area JCCs is teach us to care about the people of Israel and each other. He found out that there were a few birders on the trip and jumped in with lots of information about how the yearly migration of birds crossed over Israel twice a year. Before this trip I never really thought about birds except for loving to watch birds of prey glide over the ground looking for their next meal, but now I have a whole new appreciation for migratory birds. Wow, they fly 1000’s of miles. He introduced us to a Bedouin who told us his story, he introduced us to people in the Negev, the West Bank and Jerusalem that in a million years of traveling I would never have had the chance to meet. His contacts opened the door to inspirational speakers that didn’t only keep our attention, they taught us there was more for us than what we were currently doing in our lives and inspired us to keep learning and searching for our individual truths. It is so hard for me to put into words how the trip changed my thinking and what I want to do with my future, and Maayan (along with our teacher Jhos) set it all out there like a buffet for us to pick and choose what to take with us. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to learn from Maayan and would love to learn from him again in the future. If you as a family or a group want someone that understands the Complexities of Israel and also know about life in America, Maayan is your perfect choice.

Date of experience: April 2019