Review Highlights
A great Trip in Israel with Shin Tours

My family and I were started thinking about a trip to Israel a while back. Since we know nothing of... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Gad H
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Family trip in Israel and Jordan

My parents came to visit me after I'd been in Israel for 4 months, and Shin Tours helped to plan... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Elena B
Boston, Massachusetts

All reviews dead sea family trip to israel bullet factory last minute changes ramon crater briam tel aviv private tour six days outstanding tour fantastic guide day trip beautiful country tour guide in israel great trip spent days once in a lifetime
Reviewed January 3, 2019

Shin Tours made our family's trip to Israel the absolute best experience it could possibly be. Our guide, Asaf, managed to keep an entire family of six—with diverse ages, interests, and attention spans—completely riveted for ten days straight! By the end of the trip, not only did our family feel closer than ever, but we also felt like Asaf was an honorary member! He was so knowledgable, funny, kind, and engaging. If you are going to book a trip to Israel, you HAVE to do it with Shin Tours!

Reviewed January 2, 2019

We had a terrific trip organized by Mirielle and Assaf at Shin Tours. They connected us with Netaniel, an amazing tour guide, and he spent five great days with us. Shin went above and beyond, booked times for specific sites, and even booked dinners for us. Having a local connection is so valuable. Yes you could probably do it all yourself, but the time difference from the US, the Hebrew language, and the Shabbat holiday all make it so helpful to have a local company to set everything up. I have to say everything went extremely smoothly, from the airport pickup to the dropoff and everything in between. We have two children, 14 and 16, and they said this was their best trip ever! We have so many great memories. I also appreciated hearing from Asaf by phone, during the day here no less, and I also appreciated having access to Mirielle by phone and email to coordinate plans. This is a tour company that works hard to deliver a great product. Our tour was customized to our particular interests, the weather conditions, and avoiding crowds. They allowed us, for example, to skip using the guide on one day, to save a little money where I didn't think the guide would be needed.
I think private touring is the best way to go, if you can afford it, to avoid buses and dealing with the large group tours. I think in the end our private tour was cheaper than a group tour with Da'at or other big operators would have been because we booked our own lodging (though Mirielle was willing to help with that as well!), and we weren't stuck having to go to places we didn't want to go.
The transportation was comfortable and we appreciated the Mercedes Minivan transports to and from the airport.
I know everyone on TA says their guide in Israel was the best but Shin really was great and definitely worth giving a call to see how they can help you. I think what sets Shin apart must be that Asaf was a guide for a long time before opening his own company, so he has the reputation and deep connections within the guide community in Israel and can match you up with the best guide for your family.

Reviewed December 30, 2018

I can't speak highly enough about Shin Tours and Asaf Peled. Our family of 6 came from San Francisco for a 10-day Israel trip, and I really wanted to make it a fun and memorable family experience. I spoke to a lot of friends who had gone in the past and I did a lot of research on the internet to find the best guide possible, and I can happily say that Asaf was everything I was ever hoping for and more. We have four children ages 12 through 20, and Asaf was able to connect with each member of the family in a unique and special way. Every member of the family loved Asaf, and the trip would never have worked without him. He and his staff at Shin Tours spent a lot of time and effort before the trip began to get to know what we were looking for and to tailor the trip to our needs and interests. Once the trip began, Asaf was able to connect with each of us and was willing to adapt on the fly to address any issue that would arise and make everything run smoothly. Asaf is extremely knowledgeable about history, archaeology, politics, the military, and basically everything Israel -- and even more importantly he is an incredibly caring, kind, thoughtful and genuinely good person. We have taken many family trips to many destinations, but Asaf and Shin Tours made this one of the best family vacations we have ever taken. I cannot recommend Asaf and Shin Tours highly enough, and you and your family will feel very fortunate to be in such capable hands.

Finally, I should mention that I do not write many reviews on the internet, but Asaf and Shin Tours had such an overwhelmingly positive impact on our family's Israel experience that I thought I should pass along this information so that others could benefit.

Reviewed December 30, 2018

We decided to spend our winter break taking our kids on their first trip to Israel. Our children are ages 20, 18, 14 and 12, and after much research decided on Shin Tours. We could not be more pleased with the entire experience from start to finish. The professionalism of this company along with their excellent pre-trip communication and willingness to tailor a trip for our specific family desires was completely fulfilled. Our guide, Assaf, made us feel comfortable, safe and welcome from the moment we arrived. He was the perfect level guide for us - super knowledgable, interesting and passionate about what he does but also he made the tours fun sprinkling in fun questions, "quizzes" anecdotes and factoids. His calm demeanor made us all feel at ease, and our our boisterous bunch didn't upset him at all! Assaf was great at sensing our needs, anticipating the pace of our days, and adjusting accordingly. When some inclement weather came, he had alternative suggestions, too. The hotels arranged, activities planned, meals and personal touches made each day a new adventure for us. We could not be happier with our experience with Shin Tours and recommend this company for their true professionalism in planning this trip of a lifetime for our family. A few of our events were not age appropriate for our youngest child, so Assaf found great alternatives too (the zoo, bread making etc.) that could accommodate our daughter while the rest of us experienced a few more mature activities (yad vashem, the IDF gun range, etc) . In 10 days we feel that our knowledge and appreciation of Israel are so enhanced, and our kids fully agree with our assessment, too! Thank you so much, Shin Tours, for your great work from start to finish. We appreciate the personal touches, too -- helping us find a laundry place, arranging tickets for a professional soccer game, and finding us some restaurants for some of our picky eaters! Highlights included: we LOVED the bullet factory tour, ATVs in the Golan Heights, Massadah, the Dead Sea and camel riding -- and much, much more!

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Our first (and definitely not last) trip to Israel made only better because of Shin Tours. They are caring, responsible and very knowledgeable. Our guide, Maayan, was funny, experienced and terrific in every way. Other Shin operators were helpful in the planning and transportation. My husband and I experienced so much because of the detailed agenda that was prepared for us. We would recommend Shin; they are an outstanding company.

Date of experience: November 2018