“Made a new friend...”

Tour Guide in Jerusalem
Ranked #19 of 273 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you planning a private tour in Jerusalem? Celebrating a Bar Mitzvah in Israel? Planning a Pilgrimage tour to Israel, or you just have 2 hours and would like to explore the Old City of Jerusalem? Hi, My name is Meir More, and I am a licensed tour guide specializing in Private customized tours with a luxury car in Jerusalem and throughout Israel. Whether you have been to Israel before or this is your first time, you will feel the difference. Tailor made itinerary made especially for you according to guidelines set by your needs and requests so as to assure that YOUR dream will become a reality. Israel has something for everyone. I can customize tours which include archaeological gems, challenging nature hikes, relaxing sightseeing, historical sites, spiritual and religious experiences. Israel has something for everyone, every age, and every religion. You tell me what you want and I will prepare the tour of a lifetime.
Reviewed November 5, 2015

We recently contracted with Meir more for a one-day private tour of Jerusalem. While on a Celebrity cruise with another couple as traveling companions, one of which is wheelchair-bound, we anticipated the need for a private tour that could cater to our specific needs and energy levels.
Meir was an answer to our prayers!
He was very welcoming and demonstrated a sincere interest in getting to know us and meeting our needs. He did not hesitate to take control of our wheelchair-bound companion, and made sites available to him that he never expected to see. He was totally committed to providing the best possible experience for all of us.
He was a great source of information and we thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with him.
At the conclusion of our Mediterranean tour, no other guide came close to providing the superior service that Meir did...he proved to be our finest guide and we all felt that we had made a new friend!

TourGuideInJerusalem, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2016

Thanks for your kind words. I must say that I was moved seeing you all helping and re-kindling your friendship in such a beautiful way!

All reviews
"spent days touring"
"current affairs"
"bible stories"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"great insight"
"modern history"
"deep knowledge"
in 3 reviews
"past and present"

Reviewed November 4, 2015

We gave Meir carte blanche to put together out trip since it was the first we had been to Israel. We put our trust in him and he exceeded our expectations! I want to go back to Israel again and have Meir as my guide.

Thanks for your short and sweet review!

Reviewed October 26, 2015

I accompanied my parents to Isreal. The three of us vary greatly on our views of religion, politics, attention span and interests yet Meir managed to make the trip interesting, exciting and educational to us all.

The only thing we all agree on is the importance of good food and Meir took us to the best spots for lunch, places where locals eat, and had great restaurant suggestions.

Meir picked us up in Tel Aviv where we had been for three days, we drove to Ceasaria, Haifa and stayed overnight in Tiberius. The next day we toured some more (I can't remember the sites), had one of the best meals of my life, and parted in Jerusalem. Meir then toured us around the Old City one day and out to the Dead Sea and site of the Dead Sea scrolls another day.

We laughed a lot and I learned a tremendous amount about the sites and history, but Meir was quick to gauge how much interest we had at each stop so no destination felt boring - even in the heat.

Most importantly Meir knew what he was talking about. His knowledge on everything we saw was astounding. Also worth noting is that we felt safe traveling with him because of his intimate knowledge (and passion) of the country and his being in tune with what was going on around us.

Thank you so much for your review! It was very nice to see you with your parents and I hope that you will visit Israel again!

Reviewed October 26, 2015

5 days to cover all of Israel with an extremely eclectic group: a jew, a muslim, a protestant, and two very guilty catholics. Age range: 32-62. Our demands were as diverse as our religious inclinations. Yet Meir produced a trip that words alone cannot describe. It was perfection. Meir is perfection. We have all been back in New York for about two weeks now and we are still sifting through the conversations we had--both political and religious--the things we saw, and the histories we learned. Meir's voice and his sensitivity to the political atmosphere in which he lives makes him a wonderful narrator to Israel's past and present. Because Israel has such an embroiled storyline, I do believe the words that accompany one's experience in Israel are as important as the sites themselves. Meir concocted a trip to suit our high energy and our desire to engage historical sites in a way that revivified them. He made Rachel's Tomb a site for discussing biblical history, the Oslo Accord, and then he found a bullet casing. We were in Israel during a time of tension and violence in Jerusalem and Meir handled it beautifully. We never felt unsafe or limited by the violence. If one option was deemed too risky by Meir he had an inexhaustible list of alternatives. I cannot wait to go back and I cannot wait to do it with Meir!

TourGuideInJerusalem, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

Dear Abbey,
What a wonderful review, Thanks! I was so impressed by it, that I showed it to my wife and bragged..
Israel indeed is a beautiful and fascinating country, and to guide as energetic and interesting group as yours was a real pleasure for me.
Thank you again for not listening to the exaggerated description of events in Israel by the Media in the USA, and visiting Israel.
Shalom, Meir