“Archaeological Tour of Jerusalem”

Tour Guide in Jerusalem
Ranked #20 of 273 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you planning a private tour in Jerusalem? Celebrating a Bar Mitzvah in Israel? Planning a Pilgrimage tour to Israel, or you just have 2 hours and would like to explore the Old City of Jerusalem? Hi, My name is Meir More, and I am a licensed tour guide specializing in Private customized tours with a luxury car in Jerusalem and throughout Israel. Whether you have been to Israel before or this is your first time, you will feel the difference. Tailor made itinerary made especially for you according to guidelines set by your needs and requests so as to assure that YOUR dream will become a reality. Israel has something for everyone. I can customize tours which include archaeological gems, challenging nature hikes, relaxing sightseeing, historical sites, spiritual and religious experiences. Israel has something for everyone, every age, and every religion. You tell me what you want and I will prepare the tour of a lifetime.
Reviewed October 8, 2014

My husband and I called Meir on short notice and asked for a half day tour of archaeological sites associated with the First and Second Temple period in Jerusalem. My husband is an avid reader of archeology journals on Israel and has taken part in a dig at Beitsaida so I was concerned that the tour might be too "introductory" for him. I need not have worried--Meir has done his homework on the latest discoveries by archaeologists, including Israeli archaeologist Eilat Mazar, and was more than able to answer my husband's questions. But even better--Meir was able to take us to sites we had never seen before (Rachel's Tomb for one, which is probably more interesting for the high-walled channel cut through Palestinian-held territory than the Tomb itself!). We have been to Israel many times and taken many tours but this was by far the most interesting and enjoyable. We highly recommend Meir.

MeirMore, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Giving a tour is almost like being on stage, and there is always a sense of "what if"... Every tourist is different, and every tour is unique. I always feel a little nervous before guiding an archaeologist, a priest or a rabbi, a Middle East studies professor etc. At the end of the day, it actually enhances the tour, and I always manage to learn something new. Thank you for your review, Meir

All reviews
"spent days touring"
"current affairs"
"bible stories"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"great insight"
"modern history"
"deep knowledge"
in 3 reviews
"past and present"

Reviewed September 15, 2014

I went with a group for a tour on Menacham began and the combination of sights and information made the whole experience a lot of fun.

Dear Avi, I was impressed seeing your group of young men motivated, well educated and love Israel. Thanks for giving me the chance to love Israel even more. Meir

Reviewed August 17, 2014

When someone loves what he/she does, being around them makes everything more fun and enjoyable. Thats Meir! Loving his country, his past, present and future.
Thanks for teaching us so much, in all aspects.
We will be back.
María

Thank you Maria for taking the time to give me such a nice review, and I look forward to your next visit to Israel. Meir More

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Meir is one of the best tour guides I've ever had and I'm a very demanding customer with high standards. Don't let the number of reviews fool you. Meir has been doing this for many, many years with numerous satisfied customers. His reviews were inexplicably deleted which is why his tripadvisor page is new and he has to start his reviews from scratch again. Meir is a true delight to be around. He is extremely knowledgable and a great storyteller. He is very flexible and knows the area so well that after one conversation with you he can create the absolute perfect itinerary. My friend and I were unique and challenging customers but he worked with us and gave us the time of our lives. He can give the basic tour but can also put a really unique one of a kind experience together for you. Meir is amazing. You cannot go wrong. And his prices are very reasonable. He's just a good guy that loves to share the city and area with guests. HIRE HIM!!!!!

Thank you so much! I actually like to have demanding and knowledgeable visitors, it makes my tour more challenging and more interesting...

See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I have visited Israel many times but never with a guide in Jerusalem. On her nascent trip to Eretz Israel, our travel mate and friend found Meir online to guide us through the ancient city. Needless to say, we were immediately impressed and enamored with how brilliant, knowledgeable and personable he was upon our first meeting. Meir continued to enlighten us all and show us areas of the city we had never seen. As a guide and mensch, we applaud him for enriching our experience in Israel beyond expectations. Meir comes with our highest recommendation for a truly unique and real experience of this incredible land, people and miracle that is Israel.

Thank you for your nice recommendation. Whenever I guide someone who has visited Israel many times, I ask myself: How can I make this visit special again? Only after meeting with you, asking a few questions and learning about you more, I customize the tour to give you that special visit in spectacular Israel. Thanks, and please visit again! Meir More