“Meir is simply the BEST!”

Tour Guide in Jerusalem
Ranked #20 of 273 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Are you planning a private tour in Jerusalem? Celebrating a Bar Mitzvah in Israel? Planning a Pilgrimage tour to Israel, or you just have 2 hours and would like to explore the Old City of Jerusalem? Hi, My name is Meir More, and I am a licensed tour guide specializing in Private customized tours with a luxury car in Jerusalem and throughout Israel. Whether you have been to Israel before or this is your first time, you will feel the difference. Tailor made itinerary made especially for you according to guidelines set by your needs and requests so as to assure that YOUR dream will become a reality. Israel has something for everyone. I can customize tours which include archaeological gems, challenging nature hikes, relaxing sightseeing, historical sites, spiritual and religious experiences. Israel has something for everyone, every age, and every religion. You tell me what you want and I will prepare the tour of a lifetime.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I have visited Israel many times but never with a guide in Jerusalem. On her nascent trip to Eretz Israel, our travel mate and friend found Meir online to guide us through the ancient city. Needless to say, we were immediately impressed and enamored with how brilliant, knowledgeable and personable he was upon our first meeting. Meir continued to enlighten us all and show us areas of the city we had never seen. As a guide and mensch, we applaud him for enriching our experience in Israel beyond expectations. Meir comes with our highest recommendation for a truly unique and real experience of this incredible land, people and miracle that is Israel.

MeirMore, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Thank you for your nice recommendation. Whenever I guide someone who has visited Israel many times, I ask myself: How can I make this visit special again? Only after meeting with you, asking a few questions and learning about you more, I customize the tour to give you that special visit in spectacular Israel. Thanks, and please visit again! Meir More

All reviews
"spent days touring"
"current affairs"
"bible stories"
in 2 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"great insight"
"modern history"
"deep knowledge"
in 3 reviews
"past and present"

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough about Meir. My wife, 11 year old son, my mom and I spent 9 days in July with Meir as our guide. We are seasoned travelers but had not been to Israel. From the initial pre-trip contact, Meir made planning effortless, and from the first day of our tour he exceeded all expectations. His knowledge and enthusiasm were amazing. His warmth, patience and easygoing demeanor made the trip feel like we were touring with a good friend or family member...my son asks a lot of questions, and Meir genuinely enjoyed engaging with him and answering every one of them. We were there during a tense time, but Meir was able to make necessary adjustments without missing a beat. Moreover, without getting into all of the specifics (you will have to book a tour with him to find out for yourself!) we did things that you could not do on other tours. Thank you Meir, for a memorable adventure!

MeirMore, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Jefferey,
Guiding you was at times challenging yet very enjoyable experience for me, as I had to think hard at times to answer your son's intelligent and at times eternal philosophical questions. Thank you for trusting me to adjust the itinerary in respond to the security situation, and I am happy that everything worked out very nicely. Meir

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our family visited Israel using Meir as a guide. We felt like we were visiting long lost relatives. We wanted not to just see the sites, but also get a sense of the political climate. We requested a meeting with many factions, so we could get different viewpoints. He arranged it. We wanted cultural experiences that my children would enjoy; he took us to a popular swimming area. Some tour guides go thru the motions; others go beyond the sites to delve deeper into the things tourists don't normally see on a tour bus. We are foodies. He brought us to a wonderful market so we could experience different types of foods. Most importantly, his disposition is so easy going. Never a bad attitude. If you want an excellent tour guide, book him in advance as his reputation proceeds him.

MeirMore, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

My son told me that your daughter called him yesterday checking how we were. It is nice to see that they still keep in touch!
Meir

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I travelled to Israel in the summer of 2012 with our 4 children (ages 2, 6, 9, and 11). We were travelling with good friends who also had children the same ages as ours.
Meir proved himself to be a formidable guide. He involved the kids as much as he could while discussing Jewish history and asking questions. If he saw that the kids were tired or having meltdowns, he would adapt to the situation. He became a part of our family. We toured with him for 4 days and visited places such as the old city, the city of David, Mt Scopus, mount of olives, king Zedekiah's cave, the Israel museum, eyn mabooa watering hole, Masada, the Dead Sea, Eyn Gedi, the tomb of Rachel, the cave of Machprlah, and Meah Shearim.
Meir always came organized with a plan of action. All our time was spent well and with Meir's immense knowledge, we all felt that our 'Israel experience' was truly maximized. I still keep in touch with Meir and will definitely book him again as a tour guide when we make the trip back to Israel in the future.
Devorah Abenhaim
Montreal, Canada

Dear Deborah, thank you so much for your review. I was concerned about guiding two families in two separate cars, but you were all so great that it was very enjoyable. p.s.: My wife is visiting her family in Canada soon, and she will be in Montreal. I hope that you could meet her. Meir

See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2014

During May my wife and I spent 2 weeks in Israel, 10 days of which were with the fantastic tour guide, Meir More. Not having visited the Middle East nor having spent more than a day with a tour guide we were very uncertain about what to expect! Any expectations that we had were well exceeded by Meir. He began by attempting to understand our interests in Israel so that he could provide the best possible experience for our interests; archaeological, historical, religious, contemporary, political, nature etc. We definitely did not give him a clear picture of what we wanted, mainly because we wanted to see and do everything! Meir took this in his stride and by paying attention to our reactions as we travelled the country Meir fashioned each day to suit our interests, giving us a wonderfully broad and enriching experience. Despite being a passionate Israeli with a deep knowledge of Judaism and Christianity, Meir always gave a balanced view of the historical and contemporary political issues that make Israel the fascinating and unique country that it is today. Meir’s sense of humour and inexhaustible energy in answering questions (there were many!) and providing us with an unforgettable experience were remarkable. Nothing was too much trouble. I can recall being driven around Beersheba in search of the Golden Goose restaurant. After asking directions of 5 locals we finally found it, and it served absolutely delicious food. Our journey through Israel was not a “guide book” experience, but one that took us to all the common sites and the less travelled roads where we were able to interact with the locals. We have travelled extensively, but our experience in Israel, guided by Meir, was amongst the very best. I highly recommend Meir to anyone looking to get a taste of Israel, whether it be for a few days or weeks.

MeirMore, Owner at Tour Guide in Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thanks Stephen for you great (and detailed) review. Just like you, the tourist want to make sure that you have a great tour guide, so am I as the guide, hope to have a pleasant experience with my tourists, and you were wonderful to be with! Meir More