La Perle Hotel
$230
$218
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
$137
$125
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$562
$521
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno liftmicrowave and refrigeratorheavy luggageking georgepedestrian only streetnice balconyexcellent locationold citythird floorsmall roomlight railcentral locationshabbatdesk
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Location; I had a full week to stay in Jerusalem and whilst there are many hotels all over the place I had to choose a specific location. As a solo traveller I had to consider 'entertainment' of sorts when walking out the doors of the hotel as well as eateries. I didnt want a location from where I would have to travel to get there. La Perle is as central as you can get. Whilst initially fearing plenty noise from the street below, it was unfounded and was quiet enough for a good nights sleep. You step out the door and your right into the thick of things, a hair breadth away from Ben Yehuda Mall (walking street). So as far as food and entertainment it was all right there. Jaffa Street and Old City all within easy reach. You have to take into account no taxi can park in front to unload your luggage. You can be dropped off on King George Street on the corner of Histadrut and walk a mere 20 paces. Or at the other end on Ben Hillel I think it was called, from there about 50 paces.

Room: I had room 107, which was quaint, clean with updated bathroom and balcony (not that you can really use the balcony much). This particular room to be aware of has an enclave of a toilet which couldnt be helped due to old piping. If you have a large posterior you may have difficulty. I am 96kg and was just ok. This room is on 2nd floor and can take a toll on your legs as there is no lift. First floor would be better, 3rd floor only if your young and able enough. Coffee machine in lobby was useful. I did notice from the shared balcony that the adjacent room perhaps 106 had a sink, mini fridge, kettle and perhaps microwave which may suit some. There is also a shared door (locked when I was there) between rooms that may suit family use.I believe thats the only room that has those appliances. A/C Good. WiFi was great, strong signal and Free.

Daniella the Manager was very helpful in all matters and all the staff were friendly and I have no hesitation is re-visiting this hotel. The prices were reasonable to.

Room Tip: I noticed the single bed room are pretty basic but if you just need a place to sleep it will do the job fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank OzzieBusa
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and also recommend it to people who are looking for something in a better location and cheaper than the big hotels. It is not fancy: there are no elevators and the stairs can seem mighty steep when hoisting a suitcase. The bathroom in my most recent room looks like it was just redone and is very nice. If the room had a new coat of paint I think it would probably be able to go for $50 more a night, so I am happy with things just as they are.

The room safe is old but does the job. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but there is one in the lobby that guests are encouraged to use. The people have all been extremely nice. I am usually a solo traveller here and have spent many an hour talking to he person working at the front desk. You don't get the feeling you are paying to be there, but that you really are a guest.

A note of you stay here: the outside door has a handle that always makes me think I have to pull to open it. Since it is actually a "push", I think the door is locked (it is only open certain hours and guests get keys to open it).

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank OrchidSlayer
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It is my second visit. When I booked it Daniela sent me a confirmation and said it was nice to have me again! That was nice! The bathroom was redone. And fantastic very clean.they are very accommodating to their guestd

Room Tip: To me in the middle of the city. The actual location of the room isn't important. What is important is friendliness ,location, and cleanliness and this is the place!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank elmame
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The hotel is located within walking distance from old city (about 15mins walk) and is also close to the light rail station as well. There are a number of shops around the hotel for food and to browse around. Plus there's the supermarket just across the street.

Both Leon and Daniela are super friendly and helpful, couldn't ask for more when it comes to hotel staff.

The rooms are very clean, and yes they are a bit small, but there is still plenty of room for me to walk around without stepping over my luggage. Bathroom is also pretty small, but its clean and its not like you have to stay in there for hours anyway. The rooms are pretty quiet and the beds are comfy, and it is equipped with A/C so I have no problem getting a good night of sleep.

The only downside is no breakfast and no elevator, which really isn't a big deal. (but you might want a room on first floor if you have bad knees, just saying...)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SlackingOff
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is spotlessly clean and has a fantastic central location. Although the rooms are small, they have everything you need and are serviced daily. There is a communal refrigerator and other ammenities. The staff were all very helpful.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo