“the best in Jerusalem”
Review of La Perle Hotel

La Perle Hotel
Ranked #23 of 60 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The best you can have in Jerusalem, is the perfect hotel for so chip price. Rooms are very confortable end the location is fantastic, in the shopping center where it's easy to find resturants and so close to the old city. The lady at the reception, Daniela, is very very very helpfull to organize everything you want.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Daniela is very nice and accommodating. I had a single room which was quite small but very clean. I gave it four stars because there is no lift -the location is the best!
Service was good and price was good. I would go back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2011

$85 a night at the top of Ben Yehuda Pedestrian Mall just can't be beat. It's actually 1/2 block off of Ben Yehuda. The location is perfect for easy walking distance to Mahane Yehuda, the Old City, and many of the top rate restaurants are within a 5 minute walk. I agree with what the other reviewers said. The only thing to add is I appreciated the high shower heads (I'm tall) and the strong water pressure. Outstanding, sincere service from receptionist Moran. I was only in Jerusalem for 2 days after spending 3 weeks in the north. I usually stay in the Old City but my favorite place was booked so I wanted a great West Jerusalem location without overspending. It is a great place to stay/sleep for people who like to be out and about. If you like to hang out in the hotel, this small place is not for you.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank TwoMillionMiles
Reviewed July 5, 2011

La Perle delivered on all levels for me. The room matched the price perfectly. It's located next to King George & Ben Yehouda area and easy walk along Jaffa Street to Old City, and someday the light rail might be open to take you as well, and an easy walk in the other direction to their famous open-air market. It's also walkable to Damascus Gate where you can get buses to Bethlehem, Ramallah, Nablus and other West Bank Cities (which I highly recommend.)

The customer service at La Perle is unmatched, even going as far to find a local-english-speaking dentist when I needed one in an emergency.

It also includes a daily coupon to a coffee shop next store which can be coffee and a huge croissant or, better yet for me, a sandwich and a drink.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank AintTalkin
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We spent three nights in Jerusalem during Passover. For most of our trip, the city was very quiet as the locals spent time with their families. However, La Perle was very centrally located and an easy walk from the Old City. We stayed on the third floor and were warned about the fact the hotel has no elevator, and was not a problem for us.

The hotel was very clean and the manager very helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast from the nearby bakery (takeaway cappucino and salad/omlette or tuna baguette.

Would highly recommend the nearby Chakra restaurant too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gezzagirl
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The front desk staff make this hotel great. They are incredibly helpful, even before I arrived, they emailed me bespoke details to get to the hotel from Haifa. Rooms are spacious, clean, safe, and warm. The ONLY downside is no lift which sucks when you have luggage but the safe will help you carry up/down.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank colleo
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed for one night on a quick trip to Jerusalem while in Israel for business. Daniela and her staff were very polite and helpful. Because the hotel is on a pedestrian street, the parking is arranged with a local lot. I recommend calling the hotel for directions to the lot. When I got there the lot owner wanted to charge more than Daniela had told me it would be. I called her and she spoke with the owner and got everything fixed. There is no elevator but the desk clerk offered to help me carry my bags upstairs. the single room with interior courtyard was clean and basic and of good size. There is no desk or chair. the breakfast voucher is also good for lunch so I took others advice and grabbed a bagel don the street myself for breakfast. I used the voucher for a nice sandwich and drink for lunch. Easy to walk to mahane yehuda market and the Old CIty. For $80 a night it can't be beat at that location with a free meal and free wi-fi. Also, the building is very secure. I felt comfortable returning after dinner in the dark.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo