“Dead Sea with Shimon what a treat”

Best Jerusalem Guide - Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 270 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi, my name is Shimon Mizrahi, I’m a Certified Tour Guide, specialize in private, made-to-measure day tours of Israel for individuals, couples, families, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and small groups looking for that exclusive, boutique experience.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Shimon was our wonderful guide in Masada and the Dead Sea. He is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the history of the sites and exactly what we were seeking, shared many stories to make the history come alive. He not only knew the information (dates and history) about all the places we saw but was able to answer all our questions about other things we were seeing. He used his book with pictures when we got to some areas to show us how places use to look like 100 years ago. Shimon provided us with clear explanations of what to do in other places we wanted to visit during our stay

Very professional - highly recommend.

All reviews
"great stories"
"food tour"
"highlight of our trip"
in 9 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"an unforgettable experience"
in 8 reviews
"ultra orthodox"

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are planning to visit Jerusalem, I would have no hesitation in recommending book Shimon today! I mention this because the obvious passion Shimon has for his career really brought the old city to life.
Great use of his notebook during the tour to show how certain things looked. My wife & I visited Israel 16 years ago (without a guide) & we were embarrassed how much we had missed. The 4 hours flew by, it was very interesting & really good fun. No doubt when in Jerusalem Shimon is a must do!

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I spent a day with Shimon seeing the old city of Jerusalem. What a great experience. Well planned day, with just information to be interested. He was very informative and pointed out things about Jerusalem and the attractions that we would have never known otherwise. Shimon is entertaining and very friendly. Truly enjoyed his knowledge and outlook on the city. I can't imagine another guide being as informative and fun as he was. Without a doubt, book him.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family had a short stay in Israel (May 2014) and we needed to see Jerusalem in one day. We could not ask for better tour guide then Shimon. He was excellent, providing a fount of info as well as taking us to all of the places we asked. Everything was just great. Shimon also manage to include great lunch outside the old city in Azura – Machane Yehuda Market. We strongly recommend him and will be using him upon our return.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We took a tour with Shimon to the old city in Jerusalem on August 2014 and not only that it was extremely interesting, those were also 5 hours of none stop laughter, good food and lots of fun (and although I'm a local, he managed to surprise me with things I never heard of). Shimon is a very good guide who can talk about serious matters but also to take things easily and always with a smile.
If you come to Jerusalem, be sure to book Shimon as your guide, you won't be sorry.