We were very disappointed with our stay at this property, and with the experience of dealing with the owners.
We had read the only other review of this property on tripadvisor before booking and must state that our experience was very different.
We would recommend that do not stay at Jerusalemhouse for the following reasons:
1. The apartment was not clean inside.
2. The area is noisy and filthy, and it stinks from garbage
3. The area is very close-knit and religious and you will probably feel unwelcome.
4. The only parking nearby is very limited, metered, and the police DO give parking tickets (we got one).
5. The owners only accept bank transfers or cash (which can be awkward if you stay for long).
6. You cannot use the phone for calls out.
7. The refrigerator is very noisy.
8. The whole apartment is very small, so the pretty photos on their website, while accurate, are unintentionally misleading.
9. The beds are uncomfortable, except the main bed which unfortunately is made of two smaller beds (which separated in the night).
10. The walls are crumbling and in need of paint and repair - in fact while we were there a 1 metre square section of wall was missing and covered with plastic in the bathroom.
11. The owners let themselves in to the apartment while we were away in Eilat, contrary to the rental agreement, and never gave an explanation for doing so when we asked.
12. The bedrooms and bathroom are UNDERGROUND with only the smallest of windows at ceiling height, so you may feel claustrophobic at night.
13. Although the bus ride (bus-stop is ten minutes' walk away) to the Old City is about 15 minutes long, the bus only arrives every 20-30 minutes and never on Friday nights, Saturdays, or holidays - so expect to do a lot more waiting and walking than you should need to just to get anywhere.
14. Young children live in the same building and very close nearby, with the noise they cause disturbing you at night and early in the morning because there is no grass or anything soft to absorb the sound. The apartment is porous to sound and you hear every word spoken outside it. (So they must be able to hear you too.)
15. The internet connection is unreliable and you can go crazy trying to get a laptop to work properly (we are experts - it is a firewall problem, and you won't be able to fix it).
16. The owners (they live offsite) were 'awkward' to deal with.
a) We stayed there for 11 days (our advance reservation) and would have liked to leave early since we were unhappy with the apartment - but the owner would not let us shorten our stay.
b) The owner actually argued with us when we told him that the floors were dirty, without having inspected it himself! (His son cleans it). They had to come and clean it again.
If you have actually read this far we still recommend you avoid this place - you can do better in Jerusalem so why bother staying here?