“Outstanding adventure for adults and kids”

Israel ScaVentures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Israel ScaVentures are the perfect combination of fun, adventure, learning and inspiration! In teams, with maps, mission packs and source sheets in hand, you will navigate your way through the streets and alleys - learning, racing and engaging with the story of Israel and its people. Israel ScaVentures is great for kids, teens, students and adult groups.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 31, 2015

Our family of 4 (including a 15 and 8 yr old) went on the scavenger hunt in the Jewish Quarter. We not only had a great time but we learned a tremendous amount about the places and people of the Jewish Quarter. This is an exciting, interactive, and novel way to tour the Old City. I would highly recommend this activity when you come to Jerusalem. Tali was a pleasure to deal with both before and during the activity. The stories she told us while on the scavenger hunt made the history "come alive."

TaliTarlow, Owner at Israel ScaVentures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review - I am delighted that you had a great time and you and your kids were inspired! Looking forward to meeting you again on one of our other routes!

All reviews
"scavenger hunt"
in 37 reviews
"whole family"
in 14 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
in 6 reviews
"neighborhoods"
in 2 reviews
"parts"

Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

My family participated in the scavenger hunt in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City. Our children range in age from 10-16. Each participant had a role to play. We were given a book of directions, a book of chronicles that gave us the stories behind each landmark and a set of pictures of "hidden" things within the Quarter for us to find. This part was very fun for our youngest. Along the way there were questions to be answered and tasks to be done. We were very moved by the stories. Often the stories illustrated the personal experience of individuals . For instance the reading of a letter written by a woman soldier serving in the Haganah. By the end, we were left with a new appreciation of the History of the Jewish Quarter and the spirit of the people who lived there.

TaliTarlow, Owner at Israel ScaVentures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2015

I am so glad that we empowered you to have a meaningful experience here in Jerusalem! Looking forward to seeing you on one of our other routes - thanks for you wonderful review!

Reviewed November 4, 2015 via mobile

I've been in the old city of Jerusalem countless times. Walked around in the Jewish quarter countless times; & I never saw some of the very interesting sites scavengers sent me to! It is well thought out, informative & fun. I highly recommend to any group of teenagers or older

TaliTarlow, Manager at Israel ScaVentures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2015

I am so glad that we showed you some new sites and places :) Come join us on one of our other routes next time you're in Israel - you're now part of our Israel ScaVentures family :)

Reviewed September 18, 2015

We did the Jerusalem Old City scavenger hunt as a family of 4 (including a 9yr old and a 7yr old). We had SO MUCH FUN!
Everyone had a role, everyone was engaged in the activity, and despite having visited Jerusalem's old city probably 10 times on vacations there over the past 18 years, only now do I have an appreciation for when and why things were built, by whom, and the stories behind some of the landmarks. It took me through alleys I didn't know were there, and had me discovering sites and artifacts that I wouldn't have noticed without the assistance of the guides.

I've already recommended it to a number of friends, and we're already planning another scavenger hunt with extended family for our next trip.

A++

TaliTarlow, Owner at Israel ScaVentures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2015

Gary, thank you for your wonderful review. I'm delighted that the Old City Scavenger Hunt contributed to your vacation and your understanding of Jerusalem - that's exactly what we try to do! Looking forward to seeing you and your family back in Israel soon, and meeting on one of our other routes!