“Uri is the guide you need!”

Uri Golani - Private Day Tours
Ranked #79 of 270 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Uri Golani, a personal, licensed tour guide will make your trip to Israel unforgettable.Uri will show all the places most tourists don't get to see.with Uri you will absorb the warmth and hospitality of Israelies
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was for a blog trip one week on the road with Uri and some other travel journalists. He has his own comfortable van and he brought us from one to the other place.

He knows a lot about history and the culture of Israel. In every place where we went he could tell us a lot of stories. He brought us to Haifa, Akko, wineries, Tel Aviv and Jeruzalem.

Uri is punctual and always on time. He is interested in the persons he met and he tries to show you everything that is important for you.

I could really recommend him, I had a great time in Israel.

All reviews
"old city"
in 11 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I visited Israël for a week with two other journalists. The Israël Ministry of Tourism picked Uri Golani to be our guide, so naturally we expected quality. And we were not disappointed. But Uri does so much more than just provide quality trips, he goes the extra mile and more.

Uri's strong, friendly, caring, open, humorous and flexible personality makes him the ideal guy you want to have around you when you are touring, especially when you have a demanding schedule with some challenging combinations. No problem for Uri! He just keeps smiling and does what he does best: get you there and make it special. It felt like a great luxury to have someone as experienced and skilled to drive you around and show you all the right places while telling you everything you should know about them. As a Kibbutznik (someone who grew up at a Kibbutz), Uri naturally knows how to be with groups of different people for a longer period of time and has no trouble dealing with various personalities.

As real time bloggers, our small group was constantly tweeting, foursquaring, instagramming, facebooking and blogging while taking selfies, posing in front of all the cool sites and, in doing so, putting dents in our (and Uri's) schedule. Uri managed to keep us on track the entire week, and during the week we started to more and more appreciate our excellent guide. Whether it is about the architecture, roads, trees, trivia, herbs, history, religion, demography, geography, geology, beaches or politics, Uri is a source of knowledge on every subject and he happily shared it all.

Uri worked magic to always be parked at the best parking spots when we would be leaving our hotels with tons of luggage so we wouldn't have to walk too far. You can rely on Uri to be thinking three steps ahead all the time.

We visited a huge number of sites in just a week and this simply would not have been possible without Uri. Two of our group are foodies and Uri patiently waited while we took photos of every dish that was put on the table of every restaurant we visited. We had some great laughs with Uri. Thanks for everything Uri, hope you also liked being around us three crazy Dutch bloggers for a week!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Uri picked my husband and me up from the hotel by the Dead Sea very early in the morning. At first, I was not sure it was such a good idea to leave the luxury spa hotel and go off-roading in the dessert.... But after the first few minutes I realized that with Uri as our guide, this overnight dessert experience would become a true discovery for us. So, long after I have forgotten the name of the hotel, I completely remember the dessert experience, in all it's beauty and significance.

Uri's knowledge is immense, and he has a way of communicating his insights that makes you want to learn more about the topic, be it dessert geology, history, or the Bedouin experience.

The true highlight of the excursions was the overnight stay in a wadi, with a Bedouin for companion, chef, story-teller and guard. The notion that I slept under the stars sating at the same sky Moses stared at for 49 years is an experience I will never forget.

Uri is a terrific guide and I am happy to endorse him!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Uri Golani picked my husband and me up at the ship in Haifa at 7:30 am. We toured for 3 days, about 12 hours a day, staying 2 nights in Jerusalem (to save the commute time to & from the ship) Uri was excellent at making sure we saw everything that we wanted to see. His knowledge of our Christian Heritage was wonderful. He will taylor the trip to suit your needs. Our son, who is a minister, used Uri in Feb. 2013 so we had a connection already. I highly recommend Uri and we look forward to returning to Israel and touring with him in the future. Wear your walking shoes and bring your camera!

1  Thank D C
See more reviews
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was part of a film crew that was covering fashion, food and culture in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. Uri was our guide and he was excellent. Not only did he have an incredible wealth of knowledge on everything from history, to Tel Aviv's new architecture to the land itself, but he had an amazing personality as well.

Uri really made our trip memorable and by the end, we knew that we were really going to miss him! We had all become friends. Even as I am writing this now, I'm missing his warm smile and outgoing personality - we really do miss him! He was such a part of our lives and it was so sad to part ways in the end.

I would recommend him to anyone who is thinking about having a travel guide on their trip. Uri can work with any schedule and activity.

Our schedule was go-go-go from the time we arrived. Each day was jam packed in our whirlwind tour. Uri took us to the fashion district on Rothschild, the Tel Aviv Museum of Modern Art, the Ilana Goor Museum, we drove to Jerusalem and visited all the holy sites, he took us all around Old Jerusalem and explained everything beautifully. We did a food tour of the huge market, we drove to Masada and the Dead Sea and we always had the best dinners with him.

If we hadn't had Uri as our guide our trip would not have been as rich, easy, informative and fun. We wouldn't have had the insider knowledge to really appreciate just what we were experiencing or what amazing site we were taking in.

Whenever any of our family and friends visit Israel, we are definitely recommending Uri. We hope to go back to Israel one of these days too and when we do - Uri will be the first person we call!

1  Thank MelissaRundle