“Nice Hotel, Great Location, Wonderful Food”
Review of Grand Court Hotel

Grand Court Hotel
Ranked #37 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Aberdeen, Washington
“Nice Hotel, Great Location, Wonderful Food”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My husband and I just came back from a great tour with a small tour group. We stayed 3 nights at this wonderful hotel. I thought it was one of the better hotels on our tour. The food buffets were wonderful breakfast and dinner! The rooms were clean, showers/bathrooms were clean, beds were comfortable (I have memory foam mattress at home so I always find it hard to rate sleep comfort). There is a nice expresso/bar in the lobby which we enjoyed every night. It was Jan so the outdoor pool was not open. My husband stayed for an additional night separate from the tour otherwise we would have had no idea how much it cost, $140 a night, not too bad for the location close to Old Jerusalem. Convenient for getting around with our tour. Another review complained about the lack of toiletries, and tea and coffee for a charge. These is true which from the video does seem a bit deceptive. I didn't look it up before going since it was included with my tour and while I was there I did not feel dissappointed with anything at all and didn't think of it as "cutting corners". However, I can see where that could be interpreted in that way. My husband and I loved this hotel, regardless. We did experience some trouble with the internet that we purchased the we found out that they turn it off on Sabbath a fact that the staff neglected to tell us. However, when I spoke with them regarding it the next morning telling them we were unable to use it for more than a few minutes the lady at the desk immediately explained and gave me a new password and another 24 hours without charge. The first night the hotel was nice and quiet but on Sabbath, Friday (5:30pm) to Sat (600pm) the hotel gets very crowded. Although, the excitement and noise is confined to the lobby area and the chaotic scene for dinner buffet. It didn't affect sleep quality, and it was pretty quiet near your rooms. There is designated Sabbath elevators which stop on every floor automatically. But for us since we were there to experience the culture of the Jewish people it added to the charm. Also on Saturday morning, the buffet offering is all cold foods, nothing warm, in observance of Sabbath. Some in our tour were a bit disappointed by that looking for the wonderful oatmeal they had had on the previous day. I loved their food and so did my husband, everything was fresh, tasty, and the presentation was sensational. Each evening they had a dessert buffet with much for the chocolate lover! Dieter's beware! The staff wasn't falling over themselves helpful but they weren't rude either and if you asked for anything they seemed willing to assist. One night they had a international dance show in the room across from the dinning room. There was hardly anybody there watching it but the dancers were amazing doing dances from many different cultures. I have to say I really enjoyed it. All and all a great hotel and wonderful memories for my husband and I.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank pjlittlefr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Margarita Island, Venezuela
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Me and my family enjoyed staying at the Grand court Hotel for a few reason:
1. The rooms are Authentic, clean and cozy.
2. The food is spectacular, fresh with a middle eastern touch...
3.The hotel itself is beautiful and species, and the lobby is very pleasant.
4. The location is perfect- we walked every day to the old city to visit the Grave Church and all other amazing sites on that quarter.

We had absolutely great time at that hotel- Thank You.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
NYC
Reviewed January 28, 2011

This hotel is based on a deception. The lobby is beautiful and the food at breakfast is abundant, but when you look more closely, the hotel is disappointing. Every problem we encountered was a result of the hotel trying to cut corners at the expense of the customer. For example, there are no toiletries in the bathrooms, and no coffee/tea in the room, although there is an electric tea kettle and an advert for a "tea package" available for purchase in the lobby for 15NIS (about $4). At breakfast, the counters are piled high with food, but closer inspection reveals low quality - the bread tasted freezer burned, the vegetables in the salad was mushy, the potatoes were floating in some kind of unidentified, oily liquid. The staff is nice (except for bell boy), but there are not enough of them. We arrived early so our room was not ready and we had to check our bags. When we returned, we stood at the front desk for 20 mins, after turning in our claim tickets before someone got around to telling us (after we finally asked) that they'd bring the bags to our room (an additional 10-15 mins after that). We had to ask 4 times to bring the extra sheets for the pull-out bed for our son, including the night before we arrived, the morning when we arrived, the evening when we returned, and then another phone call from the room asking where the sheets were that we'd requested 24 hrs. earlier. The bell boy was on his cell phone when he dropped off our bags and would not hold the call so we could ask a simple question. Avoid the gift shop.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank seb31999
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Tastefully decorated and at a good location, very close to the old city of Jerusalem.
The hotel is elegant, quite and relaxing. Nicely equipped rooms , beautiful shower room (however small)
Excellent service & brilliant food!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Kercem, Malta
Reviewed January 12, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Grand Court Hotel . The staffs were extremely helpful. They helped us make dinner reservations and arranged for the transportation for our group to the restaurant as well. Rooms were great- very good sleeping quality which is the most important thing to me. Nice view of the old city.
We really enjoyed the hotel's innovative kitchen- my complements for the chef, I think I had gain a few pounds...
Excellent hotel with top notch comfort and amenities.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Nouic, France
Reviewed January 9, 2011

New hotel, 10 floors with 400+ rooms and still very specious. Beautifull building and excellent architecture.
The hotel is truly magnificent, service staffs were incredible and the food- riquisima!
we thornily enjoyed our stay at this Grand Hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed January 4, 2011

very clean and large hotel. room very comfortable. great selection of buffet breakfast and dinner. Recommended for the price.

• Stayed December 2010