“A Pleasant stay”

Ranked #36 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Paranaque, Philippines
“A Pleasant stay”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was jampacked with tourists from the moment we arrived. Despite the number of guests, we had a very pleasant stay. A shuttle was provided 3x daily to the Jaffa Gate which makes the Old City very accessible.

The front desk staff were always courteous and helpful. One day, I had forgotten my cellphone in one one of the chairs in the lobby while using the internet. I realized it was missing only after about 2 hours and when I went to the front desk immediately they sent me to Security who right away acknowledged that a phone has been turned in by another hotel guest.

The buffet table was always generously stocked with a very wide range of staples. In the 6 nights that we were checked in, the main dishes during dinner time were always different which made it pleasing. The restaurant crew were always quick to serve and were mostly courteous and friendly.

The rooms were comparatively bigger than the ones we stayed in earlier during our trip. We found the beds and pillows not very comfortable but not unpleasant. They could be firmer, tho.

I am very picky with the cleanliness of bathrooms. i found our bathtubs with cigarette burns which was rather unsightly. The bathrooms were cleaned daily but not according to how I would have like it. There were still water marks on the mirrors and once they forgot to leave us fresh towels. I had to call twice for the towels which arrived about 2 hours after the 1st call. :(

Free internet in the rooms were not strong enough. So we had to go to the lobby all the time to be able to connect. This could be improved. it would have been more convenient for the guests if we were able to stay in the comfort of rooms instead of having to be bothered with looking decent before going to the lobby just for a few minutes of internet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank petitavill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in my 50 years and on my recent trip to Israel and Jordan, had the privilege to stay in several more. While I can't say the people at any of these were nearly as service minded as almost any hotel I would find in the USA, I must say I've never had my personal belongings rifled through and pilfered as my wife and I as well as others traveling in our group experienced when we stayed at the Grand Court Hotel in Jerusalem.

While the surrounding amenities were pleasant enough, getting a cup of coffee at breakfast or even some pretzels in the bar proved frustratingly difficult. The rooftop pool was pleasant enough to look at but unheated and too cold to use when we found the time. In our room, soaps and shampoos which were initially present, were never restocked as our days went on. Even more so, neither was our toilet paper which was left an empty spindle for three days...

Our room which was generally fine was on the front of the hotel leaving us with long walks around the building to the only bank of elevators on our floor which came up from the back of the building.

We were fine to look past all of this and I would never have written this review if it didn't come down to the thefts our group experienced of items left in our hotel room during the day. Whether they be "cheap" bracelets or nicer necklaces taken from the bottom of travel bags, I also had a $150 Bose bluetooth earpiece taken out of one of my travel bags as well. Good think I locked up most everything else I didn't wear in the small closet safe.

On multiple occasions I attempted to speak with the General Manager about these events but given our long days out with guides on planned tours of the surrounding city and country, he was conveniently unavailable and would not return any messages I left for him. I'm now forced to deal with him by email...

If you stay here, forget about the pickpockets the guides warn you about in old Jerusalem, keep your stuff away from the staff!

Good luck!

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and toilet paper, stay on the back side of the building to save long walks to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard B
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

my friends and I started our tour from Jerusalem. so Grand court was the first Israeli hotel to stay in. well... the lobby was rather dirty most of the times. all share computers had problems. rooms were very basic indeed, but good sized. hotel staff was very friendly. but what really amazed us, was food. since our tour was breakfast and dinner inclusive, we had a chance to indulge in the most generous, most delicious, most attractive food. variety of sweet and savoury dishes was absolutely unique. and I want to thank all kitchen staff for this experience. probably, it wasn't the cleanest and most attractive dining room I've seen, but the food blinded us. so... generally it's all good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fainaj
Miramar
Reviewed October 17, 2012

From outside pics, you think the hotel is modern, beautiful and functional... Not at all. Front desk and bar employees (specially men) are not helpful and rude. The computers are old, broken; there is not Internet in some rooms. Rooms are basic, with uncomfortable beds. We were charged full fare for a third person in room, even though the offered a small sofa to sleep. I would say the only good thing was breakfast: abundant and good variety of cheese, cereal, salads and breads

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CLAUDIA L
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a tour. The lobby is nice, the rooms are basic but functional. Tea and coffee is not provided for free although a jug is in the room. Strange...

The dining room isn't very good. The food was too high to reach and the dishes and cutlery were often filthy. Dinner selection was good but the breakfast food was poor. The best part of the hotel was the free WiFi and free Internet computers near the bar. This is a very good point in my opinion, but you'll only get decent speeds if you sit in the lobby. Thankfully the seating in the lobby is good.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
jerusalem
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Grand Court Hotel in Jerusalem, Israel spoiled our vacation.
Very dirty rooms, cheap furniture, lack of towels in the room, towels are stained, food court is dirty, and
is very friendly with flyes around food and people.
Reception desk personal is not friendly and is not helpful at all!
Loby is dirty! Hallways smell of cigarettes!
I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!
And instead of 4-stars i would give this hotel 2-stars, not more/
We love Israel, and unfortunatly this hotel crossed out all the best impression about Jerusalem, and vacation.

Room Tip: start with coosing another hotel in jerusalem! Management in the hotel shoul be CHANGED!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mila u
Tel aviv
Reviewed October 13, 2012

hi,
we stayed for 2 nights a group of 10 people, total of 5 rooms.
The condition of the hotel is not great, the outside is the better part of the Hotel, the maintenance is not great, you can see it all over.
The carpets in the hallways are not clean.
The rooms are in good condition, they have plenty of soap in toilets...
T.V has limited channels
Location - there is nothing next to the hotel but its very close to city center and old city.
Breakfast on Saturday was very good, on Friday I didn't attend but I was told its not very good.

If I summarise - this hotel has the defect of the many Israel hotels:
1. over priced
2. service is bad
3. maintenance is not great

you can stay there but don't expect to get excited...

we had several incidents:
* when we enter the one room after the check in, the toilets wasn't clean, it looks like someone took a shower there, towels were on the floor,
* we order one of the room with a baby bed, but they didn't put it, we needed to ask it for several times.
*one room on the floor was smoking and all the smell went to our room, even though it was a not smoking floor, hotel didnt manage this issue properly.
* on Friday morning - i stayed late in the room and I heard a knock on the door - they wanted to clean the room, when I said later they asked me when I will leave the room...
After 1H i got a phone asking me if i want my room to be cleaned, I told them in 30 minutes.
When I left the room, the cleaning lady was sitting next to the doors and was telling me , its her last room and she want to go home....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family