“introduction to Israel.”
Review of Grand Court Hotel

Grand Court Hotel
Ranked #41 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Reviewed October 17, 2012

my friends and I started our tour from Jerusalem. so Grand court was the first Israeli hotel to stay in. well... the lobby was rather dirty most of the times. all share computers had problems. rooms were very basic indeed, but good sized. hotel staff was very friendly. but what really amazed us, was food. since our tour was breakfast and dinner inclusive, we had a chance to indulge in the most generous, most delicious, most attractive food. variety of sweet and savoury dishes was absolutely unique. and I want to thank all kitchen staff for this experience. probably, it wasn't the cleanest and most attractive dining room I've seen, but the food blinded us. so... generally it's all good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank fainaj

Reviewed October 17, 2012

From outside pics, you think the hotel is modern, beautiful and functional... Not at all. Front desk and bar employees (specially men) are not helpful and rude. The computers are old, broken; there is not Internet in some rooms. Rooms are basic, with uncomfortable beds. We were charged full fare for a third person in room, even though the offered a small sofa to sleep. I would say the only good thing was breakfast: abundant and good variety of cheese, cereal, salads and breads

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CLAUDIA L
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here as part of a tour. The lobby is nice, the rooms are basic but functional. Tea and coffee is not provided for free although a jug is in the room. Strange...

The dining room isn't very good. The food was too high to reach and the dishes and cutlery were often filthy. Dinner selection was good but the breakfast food was poor. The best part of the hotel was the free WiFi and free Internet computers near the bar. This is a very good point in my opinion, but you'll only get decent speeds if you sit in the lobby. Thankfully the seating in the lobby is good.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Grand Court Hotel in Jerusalem, Israel spoiled our vacation.
Very dirty rooms, cheap furniture, lack of towels in the room, towels are stained, food court is dirty, and
is very friendly with flyes around food and people.
Reception desk personal is not friendly and is not helpful at all!
Loby is dirty! Hallways smell of cigarettes!
I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!
And instead of 4-stars i would give this hotel 2-stars, not more/
We love Israel, and unfortunatly this hotel crossed out all the best impression about Jerusalem, and vacation.

Room Tip: start with coosing another hotel in jerusalem! Management in the hotel shoul be CHANGED!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mila u
Reviewed October 13, 2012

hi,
we stayed for 2 nights a group of 10 people, total of 5 rooms.
The condition of the hotel is not great, the outside is the better part of the Hotel, the maintenance is not great, you can see it all over.
The carpets in the hallways are not clean.
The rooms are in good condition, they have plenty of soap in toilets...
T.V has limited channels
Location - there is nothing next to the hotel but its very close to city center and old city.
Breakfast on Saturday was very good, on Friday I didn't attend but I was told its not very good.

If I summarise - this hotel has the defect of the many Israel hotels:
1. over priced
2. service is bad
3. maintenance is not great

you can stay there but don't expect to get excited...

we had several incidents:
* when we enter the one room after the check in, the toilets wasn't clean, it looks like someone took a shower there, towels were on the floor,
* we order one of the room with a baby bed, but they didn't put it, we needed to ask it for several times.
*one room on the floor was smoking and all the smell went to our room, even though it was a not smoking floor, hotel didnt manage this issue properly.
* on Friday morning - i stayed late in the room and I heard a knock on the door - they wanted to clean the room, when I said later they asked me when I will leave the room...
After 1H i got a phone asking me if i want my room to be cleaned, I told them in 30 minutes.
When I left the room, the cleaning lady was sitting next to the doors and was telling me , its her last room and she want to go home....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Court as part of a tour of Israel. We also stayed at the Grand Beach in Tel Aviv. Grand Court was better than Grand Beach in that the Grand Court had better food and was in a better location. We found the staff really friendly at Grand Court unlike a number of other reviewers. The food was absolutely awesome. Dinner and breakfast had an amazing selection. Although be careful - what appears to be yoghurt may very well be very runny cream cheese (not so nice on muesli)!!

The only down side to Grand Court was the cleanliness. Not generally, just the carpets. I'm not sure whether they have an aversion to vacuum cleaners, but the only carpet cleaning that seemed to take place involved a broomstick. We got quite excited when we saw a vacuum cleaner one morning, but alas, it broke and remained in the same spot in the passage for the next 2 days. I certainly wouldn't apply the "5 second rule" at the Grand Court, but apart from that it was a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Its a semi circle design, so rooms at the back require a long walk from the lifts. Apart from the lo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

A hotel that should be very good, but something is lacking... The lobby with no activity, no computers with internet available (wirless internet available everywhere).
Prices sailing with the hight of the floor, but what can be a reason to pay a higher price, if your room is facing an internal court?
So all in all I was a little disappointed.
The breakfest at Saturday disappointing in respect to other days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple