“Within walking distance of old city”
Review of Christmas Hotel

Christmas Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Christmas Hotel
Ranked #66 of 101 Hotels in Jerusalem
Finksburg, Maryland
“Within walking distance of old city”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

If your looking for a no frills, quite place to stay near the old city this is it. It was an easy walk to the old city, food was good and staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms are small & modest but met our needs except the lack of a wash cloth. ATM next door and pharmacy right down the street.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank kitcat45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
England uk
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Refurbished since my last visit to a very high standard
English speaking receptionists 24hrs
Nothing too much trouble
excellent food buffet and served

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pilgrim09
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I came upon this hotel during a visit as an evening dinner guest. It was wonderful... the food was light and always fresh cut. Perfect... when then heat of the day seems to take away your appetite during the Summer months.

Choosing not to rent a car with its complications; My daytime driver, Ahamad, was also a hotel chef and worked evenings at the Christmas Hotel. On our second day of touring during the mornings... he treated me to the evening meal complete with a pickup from Seven Arches Hotel (top of Mt. Olives) and a return FREE of charge.

It is always to be remembered as a soothing place to be... for me. I had escaped days after a service for my son, Dain who had been killed in an automobile accident in the States. 19 July 2009.
Tom Brinkman, USA - www.BoxRudders.com
[--]

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank DainsDAD
Los Angeles
Reviewed November 13, 2008

My wife and I recently stayed at the Christmas Hotel and we fell in love with the place. It's a charming little hotel within easy walking distance of the Old City of Jerusalem. We've visited Jerusalem several times before and always stayed at larger hotels, but this small hotel was a hidden gem. What set it apart from the competition was the friendly attentive service and the great food. The owner even treated us to drinks at the bar and personally assisted with the planning for some spur of the moment sightseeing we decided to do outside of the city. We would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Jerusalem.

• Liked — The great service!
  • Disliked — The lack of a gym, but it really isn't a high priority.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank WorldTraveller19711
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Reviewed October 27, 2007

FYI We were the first guests to stay in the hotel in July 07 since it was renovated. They didn't even have the numbers on the rooms up yet. Everything was brand new. Great location to the old city. Food was good in restaurant. My only complaint is that the twin beds are like all others in Israel-"baby bed size". This is true for every hotel for which I stayed in Israel and Jordan.

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank Indybabyswiss
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 7, 2006

I've traveled to Jerusalem many times but this was my first stay at the Christmas Hotel. I definitely enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to anyone who wants a moderately priced hotel that is within walking distance to the Old City. The food was great by the way and the staff exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Paulie1271
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 15, 2006

I recently stayed at the Christmas Hotel and found the staff to be very friendly; almost like staying at a second home. The location was very convenient and just a few minutes walk to the Old City. The rooms were clean and comfortable. And the food was in my opinion some of the tastiest that I had in East Jerusalem. My only complaint would be the exterior of the hotel is very plain and drab, but the interior is quite nice and the friendly staff more than make up for any cosmetic dificiencies.

• Stayed January 2006