“what place”
Review of Bethlehem Travel

Bethlehem Travel
Ranked #83 of 270 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Private half day and full day tours of the city of Bethlehem and Jericho, guided by top, licensed local guides.Pickup and drop off from anywhere in Jerusalem. Our tours usually include all the main sites of interest in Bethlehem including the Church of Nativity, The Arab Market, Milk Grotto, Shepherd's Field and more. Available languages - English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French
Reviewed March 23, 2014

well what a place to visit the history still lives around you as you walk around the old town and the church well it was out of this world.

1  Thank bearitalljohn
in 8 reviews
in 18 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Before we toured Bethlehem, we read every possible website and research all tour companies. There are many choices for half day and full day tours. We weren't sure what the differences were but all advertised with 'all admissions included'. Costs range from US $75 to $125.- Once in Jerusalem, we discovered that you don't need to book a tour at all. As long as you have read the history and information on Manger Square, Church of Nativity, Milk Grotto, etc. - you can do all this yourself without a tour guide. We simply boarded the Arab bus, #21, right outside Damascus Gate. It costs 8 shekels instead of 100.- dollars!!! There are no admission fees anywhere. We even got 30% discount in shops because we came without a tour company. We had a wonderful day exploring on our own instead of with a large group.

10  Thank Margriet R
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Bethlehem is a birth place of Jesus and the church is crowded too but we've a good tour guide who kind of get us in at the right time. I like this place since it's the Nativity and Holy Family place. We also had mass by the chapel and visited the surrounding. The group went for shopping and I walked down the hills a bit and took beautiful photos.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

WOW! What a trip. Was picked up from my hotel in central Tel Aviv, taken to the bus station, where everyone on the pick-up bus was then re-distributed to your particular tour. I was on the English/Spanish language tour1.

We set off towards Jerusalem. The guide was excellent with his languages and very informative to the passing views. We stopped off for local facilities (toilets & refreshments) just inside Jerusalem, and then we started.....

We went to Mount Scopus instead of the Mount of Olives, we had our panoramic view of the city, plenty explaining of everything, then we drove past the Mount of Olives and into the car park and left the bus, this is where we started the 3.5hrs YES 3.5hrs walking tour of old Jerusalem. I enjoy walking, and I am over weight, but heart sank when the guide said "3.5hrs walk "
no one had mentioned this in any other review, otherwise I would have
gone else where, it was a very hot day, which didn't help but none-the-less off we trotted thru the Jaffa Gate, the Armenian Quarter, The Jewish Quarter, the Muslim Quarter and The Christian Quarter, some steps, some slippery marble sections, and all very interesting, but all that
was going thru my mind was 3.5hrs..... We did stop once for twice for fresh fruit drinks, which was nice. At lunchtime, we had a kebab! I had travelled 2000 km for a kebab... there was a choice, chicken or lamb and a cold drink of your choice (water, coke sprite or orange Fanta).
Just before lunch, we were taken to the obligatory souvenir shop, where, just by chance, the was a 50% reduction on everything (oh how lucky were we, 50% reduction on TAT) Everything was billed in US$, Why?, the Israeli currency is Shequels! The man in the shop, did say, you could
pay in any currency, what they didn't tell you, it was at their own exchange rate!!! After lunch, our party split, I went to Bethlehem with 1 other chap from America, were we taken to "The Wall" where we met our Arab guide who took us thru, no problems experienced, we got into another car and sped off to The Church of The Nativity. We met another guide to took us round the
church, we jumped the various Q's to see the birthplace and manger/crib for Jesus, There was a beautiful alter in the main church but I couldn't take any pictures as mass had begun.
Back to the car and, of course, the obligatory souvenir shop, more TAT, more US$ price stickers, since there was only 2 of us, we had a "personal shopper" each so, it was felt, that you HAD to purchase something, My personal shopper, kept going on about "perhaps a cross for your wife" or "this for your children" and she kept on, so, I told her I was gay, it took a few seconds to register, then she started on anti-wrinkle cream from the Dead Sea. I just laughed, and walked away and stood by the exit, waiting. Lots of "hand carved" camels and holy objects, I ended up with 4 or 5 fridge magnets, which came to $30, or 130 Israeli Shequels, again, their own exchange rate. We were picked up again, taken to "The Wall" passed thru, no problems, waited a few mins on the other side then the tour bus arrived and we returned safe & sound to Tel Aviv.

All in all, it was a very good day, There were no problems, but for people with mobility issues, then it is not for you, with the 3.5hrs walk thru Jerusalem, yes its interesting but my feet were dropping off. I come from a cool climate, and this was quite a hot day, which didn't help.

2  Thank Utanfor