“Wonderful Meal & Service”
Review of Mantra Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Mantra Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: French, Italian, Israeli, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I just returned from a delicious meal at Mantra. The atmosphere is wonderful and quaint. Our server was absolutely amazing. She offered recommendations and she was incredibly attentive, returning often to check on the food and ask if we needed anything. The food was delicious. The salad with blue cheese was divine. Mantra is absolutely worthy of multiple visits!

2  Thank CL2684

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had the opportunity to eat at Mantra twice, and both times have found it to be consistently excellent. My first visit was in December 2013, and my second visit was just tonite. After seeing the TripAdvisor sign in their window, I knew I had to leave a review.

The catch to Mantra is getting past the touts and the others on the main street just outside of Mantra. Mantra isn't at street level, and may require a little patience to find. However, once you find it, you'll realize that it was worth the time seeking it out. This is for a couple reasons: (1) the food and wine list are excellent, and (2) if you're keen on outdoor seating, their patio is securely tucked away, unlike the more exposed tables on the main walking path.

Tonite I had the catch of the day. Fresh sea bass in a white wine sauce with butter and olive oil. The fish tasted as if it was caught just today, and the sauce and mashed potatoes were an excellent compliment. You should always ask about the catch of the day.

The owners of Mantra have done an excellent job with creating the proper environment for a wine bar. On my first visit in December, it was right after the big Jerusalem snow, so had to sit indoors; the weather tonite was more conducive to sitting outdoors on their patio. I highly recommend the patio. Of course, what makes or breaks a restaurant is the service. In the case of Mantra, the attentive wait staff are always there when you need them. I have nothing but compliments for the wait staff.

Will I return again? You bet. I'm going to make Mantra a regular stop on every trip to Jerusalem.

You will be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't seek out Mantra.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Well how can i explain,This place is really something great!!
The best food i had all over Israel. ! ! each and every course were perfect!!
the music - really something ! they had italian music and country songs and even some musicals ! just what i love , wish i could get the playlist home!

The staff was soooo nice!! every waiter is smiling and very service oriented,

Very recomanded !! they have three rooms so one of them is for smoking people (my husbend)
while i could stay next to the table and not getting the bad smell of the Cigarettes from him :-)

Just Perfect ! will come again my next visit to israel !

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We booked Mantra due to its reviews and on arrival we were initially impressed as it has got character and the waitress was very friendly. She gave us their specials and when we ordered them she had to go and ask if they had any left....there were only 6 people in the restaurant and it had only been open half an hr!! when she returned they only had 1 special?? we then got the wine menu and the first 2 wines we selected they had run out of them aswell! The service was very slow (who knows what they do when they are busy) it took 40 mins to get our first course which was delicious then another 40 mins for main course which was also delicious. The food is this place saving grace as it was delicious but the atmosphere and service need to step up. Who ever chose the playlist for the night needs to listen to it before playing it. Each song was from the 50's & 60's but not the good songs from that era, its was all the slow, depressing songs that made you want to leave!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Best dinner in jerusalem. Everyone enjoyed their meaLs and the service was exceptional. Fantastic appetisers and seafood dinner. Toda raba