“My second home”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
“My second home”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Mantra is defiantly my new favorite place!
Great food, amazing atmosphere and lovely staff!
You should really try the Tortellini! Heaven!

1 Thank Assaf O

• Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Good!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had dinner there when they took out the tapas menu. my friends and i just tried everything. veal fillet medallions were perfect and the "not so ordinary Jerusalem mix" was delicious. we had a blast on the bar and enjoyed the cocktails they made for us especially the spicy one.

1 Thank Keren Y
“ALSO THE BEST MEAL THAT I EVER HAD!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Saw such good reviews here so i had to try
Words canot describe!
Every dish better then the other!
If you come to jerusalem, its a must!
(and Alon the bartender is so Sexy!!)

1 Thank Leanne C
“Absolutely Fantastic Food”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Must visit Mantra Restaurant & Wine Bar in Jerusalem, The food is a rage! This time I ordered Tortallini truffles sauce, never have i tasted such a pleasure! Pasta will never be the same.
So on your next visit to Israel this restaurant is a must!

Amman, Jordan
“Best meal ever...”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

It's funny that the first question on TripAdvisor is "is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?" Because that is exactly what we were all saying the entire night! In actuality, this is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had.

When you walk in, the quiet ambience is soothing and pleasing. Perfect atmosphere. The hostess was very friendly to English speakers (as most in Jerusalem are) and sat us where we wanted - by the window. The inside is simple enough, but they have very interesting art pieces all over the ways, a mixture of Mediteranean and classic art (although I'm not an art guy). Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable on everything, including Israeli wines. She was able to recommend some from the Golan Heights, which were fantastic.

The choices on the menu are plentiful, yet simple enough that you don't feel overwhelmed. Between 7 of us, we made some good choices so that we could all share. We were feeling pretty good about the place up until we started getting our food. No lie, every course was the best food I have ever tasted! The salad: fantastic. The appetizers: amazing. The veal carpaccio was incredible! I ended up getting the steak with cream sauce, which was amazing, probably the best steak I've had in years. A friend got the seafood ravioli and I would venture to say that was the best entree anyone got. Then came the desert.

I hope this review is not edited, but everyone at our table said the same thing about the chocolate souffle: it was like sex in your mouth! I mean to tell you this thing took your breath away. It was simply amazing. After dinner drinks were fantastic with some Irish Coffee (even the coffee was nothing short of incredible). The service could not be beat, prompt, informative, friendly. We spoke to the owner after the dinner and could not stop raving about the food and service. Afterward, he recommended a nice night club that we greatly enjoyed.

If you go to Jerusalem and do not go to this restaurant, you are wrong! I can say with certainty, best meal ever!

2 Thank Shane B