“Chill at the end of the day”
Review of The Coffee Mill

The Coffee Mill
Ranked #4 of 18 Coffee & Tea in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: The Coffee Mill experience began 20 years ago, as a center in Jerusalem to buy, grind and drink all different single origin, blended and flavored coffees. The Coffee Mill, still today retains its reputation as the premier coffee establishment in Jerusalem. There is a warm, vintage vibe, the coffee is always flavorful and delicious and the service and devotion of the staff to custom create the perfect blend for every customer is supreme.
Chicago, IL
“Chill at the end of the day”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A coffee / tea hangout that is a nice place to chill at the end of the day. You will find friendly service at this neighborhood establishment. Located in the heart of the German Colony on Emek Refaim it is worth the stop. Coffees teas and pastries are fresh. It can get a little crowded because it's a small place but it is worth it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank lgoldman

• Hebrew first
Orange County, CA
“Good drinks and desserts”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Wife and I stopped in here multiple times on our trip since it was on the way into the old city from our apartment. Coffee was done well and they can do american style drip (rare). Dessert list is robust and they have gluten free options.

• Visited March 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
“Hit and miss service, average food”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The first time I went to this place, in September, I remember that the service was really friendly and my quinoa salad was basic but tasty. The two times I have returned, both recently, the service was either good and bad (depending on the person) or just completely bad. One day I visited there were two people, one older and one younger, and I didn't see either of them smile or use basic manners in over three hours. The salads are very overpriced given they're mainly a big plate of cucumber with some extras added on top (mine today didn't even have dressing). The coffee is nothing special for a place that is called The Coffee Mill. It's a pity because it does have a cosy ambience, but there's so many other places in Jerusalem to go to.

• Visited December 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“Good Coffee, Bad Service”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I've been in Jerusalem for a few months now. Have come here many times, spending between $10-20 dollars each visit. Today will be my last visit. My company uses Amex and I use this to pay for things while working. Every time I've been, I use the card. A few weeks ago, I tried to pay with my card was told by the young girl they don't take Amex. I said fine (in a hurry) and just paid cash. Have gone several times since and used the card. Went in today, and the same girl from before, tells me they don't take Amex. I tell her I've used it many times here and, in a huff, she says "we prefer not to take it" and asks if I have anything else. I explain that this is a company card and I need to use it. She grabs it from my hand, swipes it, and slams it down on the counter and walks away in a huff like a small child. An older lady, while on the phone, rips the receipt from the terminal (all while on the phone and ignoring me) and gives me the receipt. Look, either you take Amex or you don't. If you don't fine. If you do, stop lying about it and take my money with a smile. Amateur hour at coffee mill. Sad, because the coffee is decent.

Bagel Cafe down the road is a much better choice. Always friendly and never any trouble. Will be there from now on.

• Visited December 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“A sweet normal place in the midst of the churning Middle East”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I love this place. I am a writer and composer, and cherish my moments here. Great coffee. Small place with sweet, friendly ambience. Sort of old-style European. Normal. Not "upscale" in a fake way...menu could be increased, but the current simplicity is refreshing.

• Visited November 2013