“Visit of the Galilee with Morris”

Guide Israel Moti Barness Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 35 Nature & Parks in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Guide Israel provide all tourist services. We specialized in tailor made Off the Beaten Track Tours, with best service since 1994.Emanuel Norman, Morris Tzemach, Roni Gilo Judy Issacson, Amnon Arad,and Moti Barness will show you Israel in the Sabra way.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Morris has an extensive knowledge of the Galilee as only a native can. From a gourmet breakfast prepared by a chef in a moshav, to a delicious dinner in an Arab restaurant in Nazareth, Morris makes you discover local people and their stories. We visited historic places, religious places, and traditional ways of life that are disappearing in the modern age. Morris's love and respect for this land and its diverse communities makes you understand a little better the complex reality of Israel.

1  Thank DorisCohen

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Andrews University. I accompanied the 29 day 2014 Bible Lands Tour which had 39 college students and toured Turkey, Egypt and Israel. Morris excellently guided our large group for 8 days in Israel taking us all around Jerusalem, to Masada and points on the Dead Sea to the Galilee, to the north, to Nazareth and Carmel, and along the Mediterranean coast. Morris always knew his stuff and a great amount of detail at every single sight. He is a gentle person who was amazingly patient with our group and accommodated to its needs and unexpected requests. He is a guide I highly recommend for not just the small groups he usually guides, but also for large groups as well.

2  Thank Keith M
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I spent four incredible and awesome days touring Israel for the first time with Moti, from the Mediterranean in the East to the Jordan River in the West; from Bethsaida, Capernaum and Tiberias in the North to the Dead Sea in the South; from the top of Masada's desert fortress to the depths of the 500m long underground Hezekiah's Tunnel in Jerusalem. Moti knows everyone and has connections everywhere, from Bedouin boys who will take you on a desert hike to see Elijah's cave, to Palestinian Arab Christians and Muslims who will drive you safely around Bethlehem to see the Nativity Church in the West Bank, from servers at the Austrian café serving strudel in Jerusalem to people crossing the street in Jericho. Moti makes you feel safe and exhilarated at the same time. He knows the birds and animals and fragrant plants, the mind-boggling history and all the best places to sight-see and eat, and exactly the best time to go and in what order, for the shortest lines and best light for pictures. He happily took tons of pictures of the two of us together and knew where the best places to stand were. Moti discerned quickly what our preferences and interests were and tailored each day accordingly. In our 21 years of marriage this ranks in our most favorite vacations! Go with Moti if you possibly can!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We took a cruise and had three days in Israel. Since this was our first time in Israel I was unsure of who to hire or if we should take the tour with the ship. I decided that I would use Moti for 1 day to see Jerusalem. This was a mistake because I should have hired him for all 3 days!

Moti is the best. He exceeded all of our expectations. He treated us as if we were family. We saw more of Jerusalem than the other passengers on our cruise ship. With Moti we were able to move faster and get to places that the large tour groups were not able to get to. When you hire Moti, his moto is "Your wish is my command!", Where ever you want to go he will take you there and along the way he will give you the history of the country as well as the history of the place you are going to see. His knowledge is amazing! You will not be sorry!

We plan on returning to Jerusalem within the year. Moti get ready because you will see us again very soon!!!!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had the distinct pleasure of touring Israel with my family and two wonderful friends. Much to our delight, my host had arranged for Morris to be our guide. For over a week Morris took great care of us providing the best tour of this fascinating country you can imagine...from the wall tour in Jerusalem, to Galilee, to Machpelah where Abraham, Jacob and Rebecca's tombs are located and on to the Golan Heights to several boutique wineries. The best part was his gentle spirit and passion for Israel and what it has to offer to the world. Morris drove us safely in his Land Rover through the desert and off the beaten path to see some remarkable historical sites. At the end of the week we had a new lif-long friend. What else can I say, Morris is the Man!
Tim and family.....