“Really good food!!”

Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

We walked in here with no expectations. Hadn't read any reviews or looked for it. But we were in for a pleasant surprise. The place was fully booked for the night, but there was a cancelation and they squeezed us in. I had a entree with chicken liver, the best I've ever tasted! We got the tomato salad also. Very tasty! I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We have had good meals here but were very diappointed on a recent visit. We sat upstairs where the fumes from the kitchen choked us throughout the entire meal and service at the table was impossible, We had run up and down the stairs ourselves in order to get our server's attention. Guests should not be invited upstairs until the ventilation problem is resolved. Our bill was considerable ( we were a group) and the experience was a poor one.We politely complained half-way through the meal about both problems but were not taken seriously; perhaps this negative review will draw the notice it ought since the standard of the kitchen is very good,

1  Thank EGN_10
Reviewed February 16, 2014

this is my second time eating there. the first was fine and uneventful. this time however - with my fiance, my daughter and her boyfriend - was a disaster. my fiance order salmon. they brought a different fish. when we explained that we did not order it. the waitress said: we don't have salmon so we substituted - just try it. we did and my fiance did not want it. when we asked why they did not simply tell us they were out when we ordered, the waitress said it was a mis-communication with the kitchen. we ordered a salad instead - so my fiance (who does not eat meat) would have something before we finished our food. no attempt at service recovery. when the bill came - the waitress announced that they did not charge us for the fish! not a free dessert, not a free salad nothing. plus, both my daughter and i got sick from the liver dish we shared. while i love to support restaurants trying to be innovative and creating interesting dishes, they need to get the basics right - properly cooked food and good service (and service recovery when you make a mistake). premium prices are justified when the food and service is premium. jacko's failed to provide either. i hope they do better going forward.

2  Thank steve e
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The food at this restaurant is amazing and unique. The ambiance is friendly and relaxed. My foodie family loved it.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

we have heard about this restaurant for a while. We finally made it tonight. we were the first ones in at 6pm when they reopened after their daily 2 hour break. Jackos street is a Kosher meat restaurant near Jerusalem Machaneh Yehuda. I had a first course of meat and spinach ravioli. We had 3 mains. A salmon, duck and a hamburger. One merengue for desert. The open kitchen shows chef Jacko and his whole team working very meticulously. Total for all of us 300 sh. Good price lovely atmosphere.