“It's McDonalds - what did you expect?”
Review of MacDonalds

MacDonalds
Ranked #584 of 732 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I can only think of one reason to go to this McDonalds in Jerusalem - it's Shabbat and nothing else is open. Since this happened with me, I ate here. The food was OK, but not great. The food is kosher-style, so you won't see bacon (fine with me). It's somewhat expensive, especially compared to other places like Moshiko, which have far better food. Also, the menu is almost entirely in Hebrew. While I can read Hebrew, the nuances of a McDonald's menu are a bit difficult. I picked my burger "style" by (correctly) figuring that "Texas" would mean BBQ sauce. I have no idea what the difference between "New York" and "Broadway" might be.

Bottom line: reasonable place to eat on Shabbat; otherwise, look elsewhere.

1  Thank santacruzer_95060

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We ate at MacDonalds for a quick easy meal - and the one positive thing is that it is open through the Sabbath. However, a normal combo meal costs about $13-14 USD. Go to the Burgers Bar a block to the east and get a much better burger meal for about the dame price

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I went in here to see how what Maconalds was like in the Land of Israel. Better meat than in the U.S., 'nuff said.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Summary - food was MacDonald's good....service friendly but slow.

In full disclosure, I am not a big McDonalds guy. But internationally you sometimes long for a familiar fast food hit....and no better place than Mac's! The food was fine, and although everything was all in Hebrew....they did have a menu taped to the wall on the right side of the counter. So we understood what we were ordering and the cost. Why wouldn't it be in Hebrew....it's Israel. The Big Mac was pretty much the same, but we also ordered another type of burger generally not offered in the US...and it was fine as well. Fries we good, as well as the drinks. The location was nice and the inside was clean and neat.

The only thing I found annoying was the service. Friendly, but just unorganized. From placing the order to getting the order. They all seemed a bit confused. I ate at a Mac in Amman Jordan just a week back...and they were exceptionally well trained. Fast with everything! I expected more from the Israelites...so I was surprised to find it so slow. It was almost like they cooked to order! Everything seemed to be cooked after the order was placed....which is generally fine...but here it was slow and a bit of a mess picking up your order. Maybe it was just in this location.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Macdonalds is usually a good comfort food when travelling, but in Jerusalem the menu is all in hebrew, no english to be seen, ordering process is a bit confusing, staff unhelpful. Food different in a weird way, quite expensive also