“Arabic speakers don't get ripped off”

Mount of Olives Restaurant Cafe
Ranked #649 of 780 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Israeli
Reviewed July 18, 2017

I see the reviews for this place are pretty terrible, and I can only say that we did not have the same experience and that was probably because we were with an Arabic speaker who ordered for us.

The view is pretty nice when you've just climbed the Mount and you have a drink in your hand. But this place is another place without menus or seemingly any customer service and had we not had an Arabic speaker with us I would definitely have avoided it like the plague. As it was, we were sent upstairs and our food arrived very promptly, it was of a satisfactory quality, we ate it, and left without issues.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

This is the worst restaurant I've ever gone to. I wish I would of read those reviews beforehand. All the bad reviews are true. It's super unclean and the owner is a liar. They take advantage of how tired you are from that climb and promise you an awesome view while you have a snack. The view sucks and the food is even worse. Because we didn't ask for a price before we ate the owner took advantage of that and charged us 3x the cost. He was so arrogant and rude!

THIS PLACE IS TO BE AVOIDED.

1  Thank Marlene H
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Small café - restaurant which, in the past, proposed very good falafels.
Now, it's horrible and incredible.
After a classical "be welcome", the boss has let us 10' to gulp down the "meal" (prepared in non sense). Avoid absolutely this horrible address
Above all : not very clean and dishonnest

2  Thank Jean-Charles C
Reviewed June 27, 2015

Well, we were hungry and there didn't seem to be that many other options in the neighbourhood. We had two very mediocre plates of chicken with rice, some greens, and two soft drinks. The waiter wanted $150. After some negotiation, we landed on about $60, which was still way overpriced, but I had lost any interest in further haggling. The only positive thing is the view from the roof.

1  Thank tbrown201
Reviewed May 15, 2015 via mobile

Walked up to top of Mount of Olives. Although it looked somewhat seedy, I thought we might have a snack. Big Mistake! Ordered a few things worth $30 Shekels but he charged $140. This guy is a joke or thinks tourists are stupid. Food & service mediocre.

2  Thank Robert D