“The New City”

Gordon Tours Israel
Ranked #74 of 237 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: Gordon Tours Israel – This is our mother company, and one of the leading incoming tour operators in Israel. We’ve been in the business over 30 years, offering a number of services – from individuals, looking for a unique trip, to large group tours, arriving from big companies in the UK, US and Australia. The relationships we have built up over the years hotels, guides and other suppliers are stable and based on trust, which means that we can offer our clients extremely competitive rates. ‘G.A.’ – Gordon Active incoming. We are the largest active tourism operator in Israel, operating as a wholesaler and retail agent. We represent ‘Backroads’ in the USA and ‘Explore’ in the UK.
Chicago, Illinois
“The New City”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had a great time biking around Jerusalem with Asaf. It was nice to be able to travel off the main roads and receive anecdotes and context along the way. Asaf was mindful of the varying skill level of the group and conscientiously ensured that we stayed together while letting each biker go at their pace as well. He was knowledgeable and able to answer questions about the history and current state of Israel/Palestine. Thanks for a great trip!

Visited July 2013

Lakewood, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Afternoon-into-night Jerusalem ride.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My fiance and I did the Night Tour of Jerusalem with our guide, Yoni. We started at 6 PM and rode until about 10:30 PM. It was fantastic!! We got a great tour of Jerusalem seeing sights such as the light rail bridge, the Knesset, the Israel Museum, and all the cobblestone streets of the Old City. Yoni knows his history just as well as he knows how to bike! We had an awesome time and could not have been happier with this ride.

Visited June 2013
White Plains, New York
“Ramah bike ride Israel 2013”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Amir and Assaf handled the arrangements for the Camp Ramah bike ride in 2013. Aside from liking them very much on a personal level, I found the arrangements and support of the cyclists to be excellent. The team on professional ride leaders were skilled at their jobs but were also fun people to spend that much time with. I had two small problems while on this ride and they handled them beautifully. The first one was that I had a problem with the cleats on my bike shoes and they were barely clicking in. I spoke to Amir at a rest stop and he made arrangements for someone to pick up new cleats for me in Sde Boker. The next morning our group left before sunrise because of the heat. The cleats showed up at our breakfast stop in the middle of Makhtesh Gadol (which is the middle of nowhere) and were put on my shoes for me so I could then go on to Maale Akrabim with no slipping out of the pedals. That's great service. At the end of trip, my boxed bike wound up on the wrong bus and wasn't at the airport in time for me to check it onto flight. I called Assaf and he was extremely sorry, didn't try to deflect responsibility and got right on fixing the problem. He wound up being able to get in on a flight back to NY with another rider and I had the bike the same morning I arrived back in NY. He had, however, offered to pay for the baggage charge or, if necessary, FedEx the bike to me at his expense if that became necessary. It wasn't but the point is he was completely forthcoming.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to see Israel with wonderful guides”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Last month, I participated in a charity bike ride with ~60 other cyclists from Jerusalem to Eilat that was led by Amir and Asaf Rockman and their staff. Organizing a ride of this size, with people of varying cycling abilities and interests, is a challenging task and they did a fantastic job. They are great professionals and wonderful people. I can't think of a better way to see Israel and I highly recommend this travel team.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was part of a very large group that road bikes and hiked through the negev and arava regions. It was a 6 day trip from Jerusalem to Eilat. Amir, Asaf, and their guides and mechanics put together a masterful trip. The group included people with a very wide range of cycling and hiking abilities. Bike Jerusalem masterfully tailored the trip so that all could participate within their comfort level. We saw the country in a way that I have never seen it before. Throughout the entire trip, Amir, Asaf, and crew made me feel as though I were the most special person on the planet. Well maybe not the planet, but certainly in Israel. I would highly recommend these guys,, and highly recommend seeing the beauty of Israel from a bicycle rather than a tour bus.