“Our hummus prayers were answered”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hummus Ben Sira

Hummus Ben Sira
Ranked #18 of 698 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Our hummus prayers were answered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

After a long flight from the USA and a taxi ride from TLV, we arrived at our hotel tired and hungry. We explored the area and found this little gem.

We grabbed a couple of menus and a table. We both ordered the chickpea hummus plate. Soon, we had 2 big bowls of hummus topped with warm chickpeas, loaves of pita, a bowl of sliced pickles, and a bowl of onion and tomato chunks.

The hummus was the best we had ever eaten, and the pita was soft and perfect for sopping up every last bit of what was in the bowls. We loved it so much that we went back for more the next night. I got mine topped with fava beans, and it was great, too!

Dinner for two--a filling and healthy dinner at that--including a soft drink and a beer for less than NIS80... What more could a weary traveler (or local) ask for?

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank bucsonice

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
“World's Best Hummus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This place has the best hummus in the world, hands down. Go there and order a plate of hummus and prepare to have all your prior notions of hummus changed forever.

Note about ordering, it's best to get a plate of hummus because it comes with pitas, falafel, and salad on the side.

I don't like mushrooms, but I ordered hummus with mushrooms and beef...it blew my mind. It was amazing. This is a place where the hummus is the main dish and the meat in the hummus only amplifies the garlic and other greatness in the hummus.

Well priced and worth a trip!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ellie A
New York City, New York
“Best hummus I've ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I came to Jerusalem on three separate occassions, and loved Ben Sira every time. It's relaxed, not expensive, and literally the best hummus I've ever tasted in this galaxy.

Jerusalem, Israel
“best humos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

just the best humos in jerusalem. its not so expencive. good service and location. not only humos for lunch

• Visited November 2013
Lawrence, New York, United States
“BEST CHUMMUS IN THE EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Wow. This place is so simple, yet so extraordinary. Of the only non gourmet places that I've truly enjoyed. By far the best hummus I've had, and I've been told it's only rivaled by the town of abu gosh. Best hummus, best falafel, and when fresh, best pita (I think they get it from next door)