“Cold weather and warm meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yamani - CLOSED

Yamani
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Soups, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Toulouse, France
“Cold weather and warm meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

On a cold and rainy day visiting Jerusalem, I stopped at Yamani and the very good ox tail soup warmed me up !

It's neither too spicy, nor to oily. With a big bread (sort of huge pancake) and an arabic coffee (full glass) I was ready for facing gusts and hail, and walked to Mea Shearim.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank jmbfrance

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Watford, United Kingdom
“warm welcome and authentic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Really enjoyed our trip here on our first night in Jerusalem. Having walked around for a bit looking for a restaurant we came here without knowing how good it was on Trip Advisor and are really glad we decided to eat here. We arrived late (at 940pm) and even though they were closing at 10pm still happy to serve us.

We had Beef Stew with Okra and Potato and Turkey with Rice and Beans and more Harisa with more hummus with authentic yemini bread which was squishy like cake.

The owner took great pride in explaining the spice mix used in Yemini cuisine and even brought out a tub of her spice mix so we could smell it in its raw state.

2 Thank Mark11111112123
Oslo, Norway
“Authentic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I like tasting and eating authentic Food. Yamani did not disappoint us. The first time we ate their I had oxtail Soup With bread and my husband had the chicken Soup With bread something like naan bread but a little larger.
Another day we were craving for something Authentic again bumped into Yamani again. This time I had meat ball With okra and rice. My husband got beef in a nice gravy. Very delicious the owner a willing person to explain the dishes and the spices used. We also got an omlette pancake for starters with 3 different tastes for sauces really good. The prices were really reasonable. The best was the way they treat each customer. I would highly recommend this restaurant for persons who like to taste different types and not least the Cultural experience the Food gives you.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Suhantha
Bonn, Germany
“Nice, small and family owned!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were in Jerusalem end of February and wanted to go for a little lunch. We were welcomed really lovely by the owner who told us everything about the yeminite menu. We had ox tail and ox tail soup. Pretty oily but tasty dishes. Could have used more herbs or spices, less oil but overall nice. Very nice people. Thanks!

2 Thank 413ChristinE
New York City, New York
“Interesting cultural change”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

When thinking of Yemenite food not alot comes to mind but we were blown away by the attentiveness and great tasting food that we had. I was more daring than my partner and tried the lung dish, yes lung! It was very different than what you might expect and I ended up eating every last piece. The portions were huge, even dare I say American size. The spices were well balanced and none of the dishes were too spicy hot. Even with alcohol, the meal was priced less than many others that we had in Jerusalem at the same level of restaurant. Definitely not for the chicken finger crowd but if you are ready for a seismic cultural shift, give this well deserving place a try.

2 Thank Marc I