“Interesting cultural change”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2014

When thinking of Yemenite food not alot comes to mind but we were blown away by the attentiveness and great tasting food that we had. I was more daring than my partner and tried the lung dish, yes lung! It was very different than what you might expect and I ended up eating every last piece. The portions were huge, even dare I say American size. The spices were well balanced and none of the dishes were too spicy hot. Even with alcohol, the meal was priced less than many others that we had in Jerusalem at the same level of restaurant. Definitely not for the chicken finger crowd but if you are ready for a seismic cultural shift, give this well deserving place a try.

2  Thank Marc I

Reviewed February 18, 2014

whenever i visit Israel I try to find the best yemenite restaurant in Jerusalem to fill the void we have in New York. Based on Trip Advisor reviews i decided to try Yamani, a restaurant that none of my yemenite friends in Jerusalem had heard of.
I took my friend and his family and well as my sons and we were immediately greeted by the owner who sat us down. made small talk, explained the menu etc.
Long story short, the oxtail soup is something that cannot be passed up. It was an extremely tasty dish as well as the Cows Foot Soup and Beef soup. The jachnoon is as authentic as you will get anywhere and the lungs, brains and schnitzel were all out of this world. The waiter continuously resupplied the table with schug and hilbeh and scallions and the flow of the meal coupled with the lively atmosphere made for an extremely delicious and beautiful experience/
I highly recommend Yamani. Make reservations

4  Thank tedmomax3
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Good location along the light rail line with a very pleasant atmosphere and friendly service. We had a late lunch and were surprised by the friendly service and the amount of food. I am not gourmet, but found the food to be very good and reasonably priced. My daughter enjoyed the wine as well as the meal. A very pleasant experience.

2  Thank Lance S
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Yamani over exceeded our expectations on the food and service. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful. They gave us a good recommendation for the dishes and explained in detail what the portions included. We had ox with rice, okra soup and tahina salad. All the portions were well seasoned and tasty. A great value for price and worth a visit!

3  Thank EmiliaKo
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Very pleasant restaurant with good food, moderate prices and huge portions. Offers a possibility to have either interestingly seasoned turkey or chicken or something more exotic like an oxtail of beef lung. Most importantly, the owner is very friendly, offers thorough information about the food and advice.

3  Thank harpakta