“A winner in Jerusalem!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Jerusalem, Israel
“A winner in Jerusalem!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Fun atmosphere. Active open kitchen and bar. Limited menu but something for everyone. Clever serving utensils and style. Friendly service. Appreciated the complimentary courses sent to our table courtesy of the kitchen. Mushroom paparadelle and polenta were yummy.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Grenoble, France
“Worth a visit ”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly atmosphere, food was very good and well presented.
The service was very good.
Portions were very generous.
We had a very nice evening with the family
Worth a visit.

Tel-Aviv, Israel
“Very nice place - good food - good vibe”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On one hand it has an underground shick because of its location, on the other hand it is established, very well design with good food restaurant.
The service was good, but the nice thing was sitting near the bar in the kitchen area and chit-chat with the cooks and to get some samples from the dishes which they prepared.

• Visited December 2013
Bloomfield Hills
“Great Place for Solo Traveler”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I sat alone at the bar here and enjoyed the food and music. Bartender was friendly and helpful. I ate the Chef's Special - seafood and meat appetizers...seafood and meat entrees...small salad...dessert. Everything was tasty and beautifully prepared. Not overly expensive for what I got. Almost couldn't finish.

Restaurant wasn't crowded on a Saturday night. Service was good and well paced, but remember that I sat at the bar.

2 Thank Caslin
Hadera, Israel
“Good Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Last night I had dinner with my husband and his parents at the Sadna. I'm the one who made the decision to have dinner here, after looking through the restaurants that got top ratings here in Tripadvisor. I made reservations a week in advance, and at the time of booking were told we had two hours at our disposal (I asked for 8 PM and was told we could come at 8:30). To get to the restaurant we put the address on the website into our Waze program and were lead to a street where we only saw a chain link fence and dark warehouse buildings. We drove up and down the street for some time searching for the restaurant. Finally my husband got out of the car and after a few minutes came back saying he had found it. The restaurant is located below street level in a dark (at night) complex that looks like warehouses or workshops (the name is the Culinary Workshop which maybe should have given us a hint but...). So we parked and walked down the street, down a small driveway and around to the side of the building where we saw the entrance. I believe we arrived at least half an hour late for our reservation. When I told the hostess about the difficulty we had in finding the place, she smiled and said we weren't the only ones.

The atmosphere was lively and the tables were mostly filled. We were lead to our table in the back of the restaurant and seated. We immediately asked for some water and to my surprise it arrived - and quickly too! The service was great throughout the evening. When you ask for a few minutes to choose your meal, they gave them to you. When you asked for more water, it arrived. When we asked to send a steak back for a little more cooking, it was taken and promptly returned.

We had a bottle of wine - Marbek (sp) Purple, it was reasonably priced, very good and cheerfully poured by a waitress. We ordered an endive salad for the four of us to begin with, the endive was crisp, the other ingredients complemented it (tiny apple cubes, nuts, and more) and the dressing was great. All of us enjoyed it. We barely finished it when they brought our meals. For our main courses we had two filet mignons - one ordered medium and one ordered well. The medium was too rare in the end for my f.i.l. and he sent it back. As I already said, it returned quickly and to the satisfaction of the eater. My well done was soft AND well done! We both had mashed potatoes which were good. I thought my pepper and cream sauce was not thick enough. My husband and MIL shared a seafood skillet which they enjoyed very much. Dessert we all shared brownies with peanut butter ice cream, small cubed marshmallows (homemade maybe?) and chocolate sauce. Brownies were okay but not great, I think I make better ones myself. They were a bit grainy. Highlight was the ice cream, they should make it a dessert on its own. It's that good.

I think we finished way ahead of our two hours even though we arrived quite late. We had a great experience and I would definitely go back there and tell friends about it.

• Visited November 2013