“Late night treat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Late night treat”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Got my wife and sister in law finally to our local resto cheese bar. I may say it is the only one in Jerusalem so far.
It is located in an authentic Cna'ani house, several centuries old. They still operate the rain water well in the cellar. Now the water is removed and it has a trendy loft place for a gang hangout.
We got "the tour" of the place and sat down for a nice dinner.
The three of us, 2 girls and one hungry guy, ordered a fondue and home bread with Asian goat cheese spread. We used a coupon and were served with a smoked salmon and cheese dish
accompanied with some great Shapira fruit beer and red wine.
Well, I can say that we barely were able to finish all the dishes although they looked innocently moderate in size. Everything was very tasty. The mood was great and a local band played smooth jazz.
Great job Basher!
See you next time!

2 Thank Aleksasha_12

• Hebrew first
“Read me ;)”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My first visit at 'Basher' was a couple years ago when the place just opened. Fell in love immediately with the uniqueness of its mood.
There are dozens of wine types and the cheese dishes are amazing, yes, please do order the gnocchi filled with cheese. The costs are ok and you definitely get the value for your money.
I can never pass the chance for visiting this place every time I'm in Jerusalem.

Strongly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great atmosphere....really chill space”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

this is one of the restaurants I frequently visit in Jerusalem. The atmosphere is great, the people are friendly, and the food is always delicious and refreshing!! Whenever I cannot think of where to go, I go to Basher as my default because I know I will enjoy it.

The restaurant boasts a "wine cave" style room one floor down and the bar area is great whether you are with friends or hanging solo.

Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
“A firm favorite for drinks and food”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Basher is without doubt one of my favourite restaurants in Jerusalem, so I couldn't resist writing another review. It is always high on my list of places to take friends who are visiting Jerusalem and want a real local experience and is also a great place for a fun night out with friends.

While I love their rich cheesy dishes, especially the cheese fondue and baked Camembert, I also live the lighter more summery dishes like the newish Watermelon pizza, which is slices of watermelon with grated cheese, fresh mint and kalamata olives, the combination is incredibly delicious and refreshing. The Tamara salad is also fresh and light mix of vegetables, topped with slightly salty Brinza cheese.

They also have a great wine selection and one of the best house wines in the town. Most places in town charge more for very bad wine!

The atmosphere is always good, day or night. I highly recommend checking it out, if you haven't already!

Jerusalem District, Israel
“A special evening at Machane Yehuda market”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

we found a restaurant with a very good atmosphere, nice music, special design. we order cheese and plate, beet ravioli- was excellent, and the classic fondue - just dreamy dish! And of course good wine
Highly recommended!