“Excellent Accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerusalem
Rosary Convent Guest House and Hostel
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Excellently placed just outside to Old City (10 mins walk) - it was great to go back there from the hussle and bussle of the cily to peace and quiet. Sr Pascal and Dimitri on reception - were kindness itself during our stay of 8 days. They organised tours and booked a sherut to collect us and take us back to the airport. Rooms are simple and basic and there was seating and dining area in the corridor outside our rooms where we could relax. Breakfast was fine, would have liked real coffee rather than instant and it would have been nice if the menu was varied rather getting same choice day after day. Good value for money and would certainly stay there again if we returned to Jerusalem.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank olovemj

Reviewed December 21, 2010

we spent two nights at the Convent and maybe we were unluky because we were assigned a very stark room. Very spacious, but far from being cosy (furniture was old, there was only a neon light). Everything was clean, from the bedsheets to the toilet. I did not like the atmosphere of that place at all. I didn't feel comfortable at all.
Positive aspects were the extremely convenient location (you can reach the Old City and the other parts of the town by foot) , the presence of a wi-fi connection and the free parking space (but maybe it was given us because there were no visitors except us).
I also read that in the summer there is a swimming pool..
Negative aspects were the curfew at 10/10:30 pm and the breakfast:the most disgusting I had in the whole trip.
Note that on the third day we moved to a nearby hostel, where the breakfast was excellent but rooms were as dirty as never.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank rachele78
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I arrived in Jerusalem alone and stayed at the convent for 1 week. The convent is quiet very spiritual and its architecture and surrounding grounds are absolutely magnificient.
Dimitry is a delighful host, warm, caring and a true gentleman whose manners belong to a bygone era. In addition, his knowledge of this spectacular ancient city is truly phenomenal and he is always there to help. Sister Pasquale who has a more background role is an equally delighful hostess, warm, helpful and extremely welcoming.
The convent could not be more centrally located: its neighbour is one of the American Consulates in Jerusalem, it is within walking distance to the Old City, Mamilla, and King George Street. Whilst quite basic in its decor, the rooms are spacious, airy and exceptionally clean. Last but not least, the breakfast which isncluded in the daily rate is also simple but ample, fresh and very healthy.
I have no hesitation to recommend the convent as the place to stay particularly with regard to its atmosphere and general safety

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
10  Thank Terry311
Reviewed December 6, 2010

It's a peaceful oasis after a hurried day. It was nice to have tea in the garden after busy day trips and exploring Jerusalem. The sisters are wonderful and very kind. Location is excellent, very close to the old city, shopping, transportation and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
8  Thank reniae100
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This convent/hostel was one of the 15-20 cheap options recommended by my school, if you needed to stay in Jerusalem longer than the 5 week course I was taking. I stayed for 4 nights at the Rosary Sisters Convent prior to the start of my school.

No frills... if you want to stay somewhere cheap, then by all means stay here--you get what you pay for...a bed and bathroom with a very minimal breakfast in the morning. I went to breakfast the first morning and didn't bother waking up any other morning. If I remember correctly, they had toast and hard boiled eggs.

Curfew is 10 PM. Someone has to sit at the desk and push a button to open the gate for you to get in, so make sure you aren't late.

You are not allowed to use their kitchenette-- it appeared to be open to anyone who stayed, but that was not the case. A woman who worked there said she thought it was okay to use it, so I went out and bought a few things at the local super market. While I was making spaghetti, one of the sisters came in and asked me what I was doing. It is ONLY for the sisters' use.

They provide a towel, but BRING your own shampoo, conditioner, and any other toiletries you may need. Bring your own clock.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone with little children. It is QUIET--24/7. You will feel completely out of place.

The thing that disappointed me the most about the Rosary Sisters Convent was in-fact the sisters. I saw about 6 different sisters there, but only one of them interacted with the guests because she was in charge of the hostel within the convent. They seem friendly enough when you first meet them, but they are strict religious women. They have religion and appear to follow God, but by their actions their hearts are truly revealed. During my 6 weeks in Jerusalem I regularly got together with a girl who was working at the front desk. During that time, I witnessed some very cold and UN-Christlike behavior from women who claim to follow Christ... I am quite saddened and disturbed by the complete lack of love and very present hypocrisy that I observed in those 6 weeks.

...THIS is primarily why I would NOT recommend the Rosary Sisters Convent to anyone wishing to experience genuine women who love the Lord.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank kak15
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We loved our stay in the Rosary Convent. I was travelling with my mother and staying at the Rosary Convent was an excellent choice.

First of all all the sisters we met and Dimitry who wrote us a note with all the directions were all so lovely and helpful. Thank you all!

We loved the Convents' location - easy walking distance to the Old City, a park right across the street and a groceries store and a bus stop and taxi stand within a hundred meters are all very convenient.

We loved their beautiful garden and the tranquil atmosphere they have managed to create right in the city center. What a peaceful retreat! We loved each evening to have the possibility to return to the peace of their gardens and high ceilinged rooms. We loved our long breakfasts and morning coffees. We took home so many good memories and wish them plenty of good guests!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank jalutaja
Reviewed March 6, 2010

A 10 minute walk to the Old City, Ben Yehuda St.,the new mall,or 5 minutes to a bus for everywhere else. Directly next door to the American Consulate, across from a large grocery store and Independence Park , around the corner from many major tourist hotels including King David and the Waldorf Astoria under construction. Dimitri and Sister Pasqual were so incredibly nice and anxious to make my stay a pleasant one. There is a big iron gate that you have to get buzzed in(with a security camera above, aside from the high security at the Embassy) , one of them was usually there to open the door and welcome you back in. It is set back quite a bit from the street and may be a burden for some especially with luggage. Some stairs. A large breakfast. Room was spacious, spotless, Shower was a bit small. There is a shared refrigerator ,sink and hot water pot for guests-useful for when you go to the grocery and stock up for Friday/Saturday .The 10.00/10.30p.m "curfew wasn't a problem for me. Most reasonable price , I paid $60.night (U.S. cash only) during an off month and for 10 days. The YMCA around the corner wanted over $100. for what I assume would be a similar room. If you want clean , central location, cheap and friendliness this would be a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo